on 31 October 2012
Despite the traditional Kindle typos this is one cracking read.
The heroes and villians stand out as real people. Some of the good are good, others are not quite so good. The bad guys, old style no nonsence villians. ' Hard men' to the core.
The author uses some interesting discriptive phrases. The plot has more twists and turns than a London cabbie upping his fare with an American tourist.
There was one key point I completly missed and didn't see coming No spoiler.
I have been a 'grumpy Old Man' with couple of my reviews of late. This one read, I'm not sure if the right word is enjoy. But it's a great read.
Warning: There is one just one small section that dog lovers might find disturbing.
on 5 December 2012
My guess is that this text was scanned into the Kindle edition. It is absolutely full of typos and formatting errors that make it a really annoying read. Pretty well every page has several errors.

It's a real pity as the story itself is not bad. Not a classic but it could have been a good read if it wasn't for the increasing level of annoyance with the disruption caused by the reproduction.

It would be well worth the author removing this until the text was corrected as I'm sure it would go over much better.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 March 2013
Could have been good but the mass of typos (very frequent example is RM for I'M) became too annoying after a while.

The story had potential but somehow did not become gripping and by about 60% through I was skipping pages to find out what the solution was.
3 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2013
There are better written novels but I enjoyed it. A return to good old fashioned adventure :) What let it down was the transfer to kindle was somewhat inaccurate and I had to take a guess as to what the word really was.
on 17 March 2013
It's a few weeks since I read this one and from memory it was quite good read.
That perhaps say it all. Enjoyed it at the time - but not idelibly engrained in my mind
on 12 November 2012
the typo's are far to numerous, Well worth reading though, good for the long comute or lounging on the beach
on 8 May 2013
enjoyable but the story was spoilt by the strange fonts and typos in the text . . . . .
on 14 October 2012
Colin Dunne is a thriller writer of the old school. Take a bit of Len Deighton and the smidgen of Ian Fleming and update the whole thing by a decade and you get an idea of the mix on offer. It is not to everyone's taste I'm sure - some readers will find it not quite PC enough - but it is still five-star entertainment. Anyone who needs a light read for a holiday will find this fits the bill perfectly.