on 15 April 2016
I have a Snowflake that I use for recording weekly episodes of the Motoring Podcast over a Skype/Garageband from hotel rooms around Europe. The mic is very sturdy when folded and lives, without incident so far, at the bottom of my carry-on suitcase. It's worth mentioning that the head does swirl through 270 degrees and I normally store mine with he mic grille concealed and the solid rear of the head facing outwards for, I believe, better protection.
The sound quality's very good - much better than USB headsets at this price point, although it is very sensitive and tends to pick up mouse/trackpad clicks - i find that sitting it on top of my iPad and off the laptop body helps with that though.
Overall I'm very pleased with it indeed. Coupled with a pack of bulldog clips, a load of hotel towels and some ingenuity it allows you to record good-quality audio almost anywhere.
on 12 May 2017
I'm very much a stickler for audio quality and whilst it sounds great it picks up everything you can imagine.

A fix for it is to lower the microphone volume to 1 and place it next to your mouth, but then this is no better than a headset and awkward to setup.

I recommend looking else if you want something portable as this isn't suitable.
on 22 April 2017
The microphone sound seems reasonable. The device is rather heavy and stowing the cable can take some time. All in all, it seems rather overpriced.
on 8 July 2017
Very good quality, love how the USB cable hides inside the stand. Very practical for travelling!
on 22 March 2011
I bought this to capture audio through Garageband on my ipad. It works like a dream, plug and record. Good quality audio produced. Excellent design which keeps all the parts together in a slide apart container. Haven't tried it on a Mac yet as I use a Samson for that.
on 9 June 2012
I have used this mic with my MacBook now for a around 2 months now and it still works perfectly as one would expect, for the price this is a very well constructed device. It feels completely solid and has the sound quality to match, perfect for team speak or ventrilo, or recording podcasts, in a quiet environment since it does have a very sensitive pick up, also the design allows for the USB cable to be unplugged and coiled up and stored inside casing, the head of the mic twists around folding into the housing of the mic for transport purposes, all in all a great product well worth the asking price for sheer build quality
on 23 September 2011
There is no dearth of USB microphones on the market but a surprising variation between the best and the worst. I've only got W7 PC's now so I cannot comment about any other OS but the microphone drivers installed in moments on both 32 and 64 bit machines. The audio is very clear, as expected from any condenser microphone. The W7 recording devices panel allows for access to levels and sampling rate (8k - 48k). There is no microphone boost checkbox but I can assure you it's not needed! I have found that recording levels are ample with the level set on 10/100. 100/100 will pick up a mouse farting. (Sorry).

The derived audio is pristine, crisp and clean but needless to say as with any condenser, sensitivity comes with a cost - ambient noise levels need to be kept in check. Apart from that I am very pleased with it - it offers good value for money. Why then 4*? Unfortunately I had to factor in the female mini-USB connector on the back which I sometimes find doesn't always make. On an analogue microphone this is obvious since there will often be an accompaniment of crackle or pop (apart from not working) but with USB the device has on occasion disappeared when the last connection made is on the rear of the mic. The solution is to open it, plug in the mic-end first then plug the USB connector into the computer. If it appears it will stay, moving the mic or playing with it has on occasion resulted in the device disappearing.

I should point out that I could have a slightly defective connector on mine so I wouldn't let this have altered my decision to buy had I known about it before purchase.
on 4 March 2014
Sound quality is very good.

Sadly I broke the mounting of mine fairly quickly - the small silver metal bit in the image snapped due to metal fatigue.

However I am still using the microphone portion.

USB cable is much too short - needs to be 2-3m minimum
on 5 June 2010
A portable quality mic that integrates seamlessly with Snow Leopard. Just remember to change the input settings when you're using it.
on 27 April 2011
I bought this mic by accident, I actually intended to buy the Blue Snowball which I have tried, tested and like very much. So here is a pretty quick review, I apologise for any spelling or grammatical mistakes.

+++++++
When the box arrived I noticed how compact it is, a plus for any traveller.
The mic connected instantly with my Mac and various applications.
Sound quality is decent and for such a small mic picks up a lot of tone and detail.
I sent an email to the Blue customer service regarding a tech question and got an almost instant reply!

-------
If you plan on using this mic to record meetings or lectures etc then you may want to consider another mic as when i tried using it in a lecture everything was incredibly echoy and made it very hard to hear or understand anything.
The mics design is quite poor as if you hang it on you screen then the mic picks up your computer fan noise and even harddisk motions. If you place the mic on a hard table or surface then it picks up any knocks or bumps.
Maybe this is an isolated issue but depending on the position of the mic I would get electronic feedback which can ruin a recording very easily, especially if you are not monitoring it at the same time.

Overall i would say its worth buying and trying as it may fit your needs perfectly, however if you are looking for that extra quality then pay the extra and get the Blue Snowball.