Customer reviews

1,198
Colour: White|Change

on 2 March 2017
Handy mic for gaming, streaming and calling friends. The microphone on my webcam wasn't cutting it for streams, and this little microphone is almost as good as the Yeti for at least half the price. The tripod it comes with is a little flimsy but since it is detachable and there are many other options this isn't a problem. The mic alone is worth the spend.
on 24 July 2017
Very clear sound and directional so it just picks up sound that is ahead of it and nearby which means
that I can type on the keyboard behind it and it's not picked up. That was the main reason that I got this
since I had another excellent mic, the samson G-Track, though it picks up sound from all directions.

Have a look on youtube since there are many reviews there.

I really like having my pop filter attached to the little stand it comes with so I can hold it easily in my hand.

I am getting familiar with it still though and so getting the distance that I want it to be for it to sound like I
want so perhaps in another month it would have been 5 star since I've had the Samson for many years
and so perhaps used to it and how it sounds (which is great).

I use it for my youtube channel and creating video lessons and it is fantastic value!
on 9 April 2017
I ordered this to use whilst talking to the guys on Discord and the quality is great! super clear speech and picks up sound from quite a distance! I also record game play from my PC and Xbox one and use this mic with them to provide voice over and commentary. For the price and the build quality you really can't go wrong with the Snowball iCE but there is better recording quality mics out there, but you pay for what you get and what you get is pretty darn good.
on 14 January 2016
For the money it is a really good microphone but it lacks control over the direction of the capruting arc. It is meant to be cardioid but in reallity it captures A LOT if backround noise You can use the noise gate in programs like OBS or edit on Audacity... But you can also do that on cheaper microphones.

However if you have thick walls and a good Window (or a studio set up) the sound capture is actually excellent.
on 27 March 2017
Does the job very well for gaming. Speaking straight into it produces the clearest sound but air gets in and causes noise. I put a bobble hat over it and now it's perfect.

Build quality is great. It's very sturdy. The wire is extremely unlikely to fall out of the back of the microphone on its own. Works straight from the box, no need to mess with any software at all.
on 6 October 2016
This mic quality is surprisingly good for the price. I watched a few reviews and this was the recommended mic for under £50. i haven't personally tested other mic's but this seems to the best one the market for price.It's very easy to use too just plug and play for me on windows 10. The quality is very impressive and it seems to block out background noise very well. I would highly recommend this product if you are looking for a high quality mic but not looking to spend too much money. One slight problem i have had is the tripod legs struggle to stay in a fixed position on a glass table.
on 9 July 2017
For the price this product is not bad but its not good either. It doesn't feel very premium, it has a cheap sticker around the whole thing saying blue microphones. The red light glows though the white plastic making it look very cheap. The sound quality is average but for the same price I could have got better. Its not a bad microphone at all though. I appreciate the standard microphone mount on the bottom; I will use it for a boom arm soon.
on 5 January 2017
I was looking for a microphone to use with my Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 15 Professional dictation software. I'd tried the headset that came with the software and another, very expensive one I already had that I'd used with X Box.

The one that came with the software was incredibly uncomfortable, and you're limited to movement as it's a wired headset. The more expensive one felt more comfortable on my ears, but pressed on the arms of my glasses. Again, my movement was limited as it was wired.

I read a book about Dragon software and it recommended the Blue Snowball Ice.

It was expensive at £50 but I felt it was worth the layout as I use the software daily.

I wasn't disappointed. It works perfectly.
on 6 September 2016
Getting a great recording into your computer requires a great microphone. Unfortunately, the amount of effort it takes to adapt a professional microphone for use with your computer can be a daunting task, often involving outboard sound cards, bulky pro-audio cables, and cumbersome microphone mounts.
To bridge the gap between professional microphones and the cheap mics that come with some computers or Webcams, Blue Microphones offers a plug-and-play USB microphone called the Snowball. Best known for its boutique line of high-end studio mics, Blue Microphones first released the Snowball in 2005, as its first consumer-level microphone The Snowball has become a ubiquitous staple of podcasters and home recording enthusiasts, recognized as much for its unique retro design as its dependable and clean audio quality. As of August 2009, the Snowball can be found in multiple colors (black, silver, and white) and a new cheaper price!

The Good/ The Snowball is an extremely sturdy and stylish multipattern microphone that plugs directly into your computer's USB port with a minimum of fuss.

The Bad/ Beyond USB, the Snowball offers no other audio outputs or inputs, the recording mode switch isn't intuitively labeled, and no recording software is included.

The Bottom Line/ At this price, you'll have a hard time finding a better-sounding, better-looking, or more easy-to-use microphone for your computer. Just don't expect the Blue Microphones Snowball to replace a studio's worth of recording gear.
on 29 March 2016
Must be honest, I was baffled by the choice of microphones, so bought this one partly based on good reviews, partly based on the fact that I think it looks great! It is very easy to install – just plug and play – so easy to use on multiple devices without any hassle of installation set ups.

It was initially to be add voice-overs/commentary to videos and it was perfect for that, with clear, crisp audio, although I only used it for that purpose once or twice. It has since been used as a gaming mic and for Skype after my husband’s headset broke and it is surprisingly good for that too. Others have been surprised when told that we are talking on a desktop mic rather than a headset and have commented on the good sound quality.

Only negative, is that weirdly it had a really strong smell initially (sort of chemical/plastic type smell) which literally took over the whole room and took nearly a month to dissipate!