Customer reviews

Never read anything as frustrating

A niave girl a manwhore of a boyfriend both are so all over the place and indecisive yet proclaimed love, It drove me nuts.

Told as third person which got really confusing at the beginning wasn't sure who's story it was.

Thankfully I have read other books from this author and enjoyed so I presume this was an earlier publication because if not I wouldn't of gone there again

Really disliked it and my downfall is I always give a book a chance and finish it.
on 21 October 2014
Blue Love is absolutely heart wrenching!!

Tessa has a lot going on in her life. Her mom and dad are splitting and now she has the attention of the bad boy at school. Unfortunately, she isn't the only one with baggage.

Lucas wants Tessa. He can tell right away she is different than all of the girls he has been with. He knows he has to have her, but his psycho ex, Sadi, makes it quite a bit hard.

When they stop fighting they could have something amazing, but will it ever be given the chance it deserves?

Blue Love is written in third person. The first chapter was very annoying and I hate how it was written. It is mainly just showing how each character is connected. Once you get to the second chapter the book is amazing! I honestly cannot help but want more. The characters are hilarious! Each and every one of them will have you on the edge of your seat begging for more. I cannot wait to read more about them! I am sure I will be having to replenish my Kleenex though because I couldn't help but cry throughout.

5 stars from Alyssa
on 24 September 2013
Title: Blue Love
Author: M J Fields
Star rating: 5 stars

Tessa Ross has spent her whole life doing what pleases other people and makes them happy, rather than what makes her happy. With her parents separating and a persistent bad boy, will Tessa finally find her happiness?

Meet Lucas Links, star quarterback that has it all! Hot and willing women, fast cars and not to mention his athletic abilities. Is Lucas the spoilt rich boy that everyone perceives him too be? Or is there more to him then meets the eye?

I'd just like to mention that I recieved an ARC of the new edited version of Blue Love. This book has played with all of my emotions. I've laughed, I've cried and I'm sure if this was a print edition, I would've thrown it in frustration...then scrambled to pick it up again and to continue reading.
It's been a while since I've read a teenage love story and I had forgotten how emotional the characters can be.

The storyline was well thought out and believable. The characters were strongly portrayed and it felt like i was inside the book, being able to feel everything the characters felt. I cannot wait to see what is next in store for Tessa and Lucas by MJ Fields.

Kay Richards
~ Seductive Romance Reviewer ~
on 22 November 2013
Thank you for Debra at Book Enthusiast Promotions and MJ Field for the Book Tour opportunity!

For a not-so-rookie author, MJ Field has done quite a good job with Blue Love. On the business side, she has done her market research well. New Adult - especially contemporary ones are 'the bomb' right now. On the literary side, I love that the book is a big one! I got to know the characters more and with the different point of views, there are more twist to the plot. What a treat that it's book one of the Love series!

The structure of this book is good, though with some editing, it could enhance the book better. Especially around voicing embodiment of the POVs and some grammar structure (yes, I'm a bit freaky on that). Interestingly, Field uses a few key characters as the narrator of the story. It's quite challenging to pull it off successfully, and Field has casually succeed in that with just a few mishaps. There are just something with Field's writing that hooks the readers to be entertained from start to finish.

Reading from the description, I thought it was eerily prophetic for the last words to be "never judge a book by it's cover" for it was true that the book has more depth than what the author has hinted. The plot twist were at times unpredictable and let me tell you - their high school experience is more dramatic than Pretty Little Liars!

The characters were entertaining, and this book is one of the rare occasion where I truly like the heroine. Tessa, our heroine is sassy and funny and loving towards her loved ones. The holy trinity of my approval *smiles* The pairing with Lucas however is a bit like Marmite. In some scenes, they are hot and sweet HOWEVER there was some particular scene where I was like completely against it (read it to get what I mean). It is not that Lucas is a mean, irritating character - he's crazy for Tessa! but he's really lost and chased by his past that at times he let it rule his decisions.

This book is definitely enjoyable to read with the fun characters and interesting twists of plot. p.s. the magic happens after chapter three.
on 9 April 2014
A bit slow in places but very enjoyable absolutely love the characters can not wait to read the next one.
on 12 June 2016
It's school girl love and not mature enough for me, more suited to older teenagers I think. Did try to read it but after a few chapters it was boring.
on 19 December 2014
Good story but quite a few typing errors .as this is her first book I,l let it go as she is a brilliant writer check out men of steel series
on 10 July 2016