VINE VOICEon 21 July 2000
One of the things that attracted me to the Corrs was Sharon's sexy violin that appeared in almost every track. On this album, the violin is pushed to the background in favour of guitars and keyboards with it only frontlining on the superb Rebel Heart. First time through, the album was a disappointment (expectations were high) but it does grow on you. The only dud track (in my opinion) is 'Give me a reason'; pity it's the second one in. Fortunately, the quality improves with 'Somebody for Someone'. 'Say' is a bit frothy, but nice. 'Irresistible' sounds like it might be the next single, very catchy. 'All in a day' is superb, much more like the previous albums, nice violin work! 'No more cry' is (as I understand it)an upbeat tribute to their mum who died last year.'Rain' is very cool, 'Give it all up' is reggae! 'Hurt before' is beautiful, and 'Rebel Heart' is an instrumental masterpiece.
Overall, it's a new direction that loses some of their distinctive nature and I hope they don't abandon their roots. Little gripes aside, this is a triumph!
on 19 July 2000
Like other listeners I was mildly disappointed with this album when I first heard it. Then I played it, and played it, and played it... It is possibly the best thing The Corrs have done. The songs weave their way into your mind and don't let you go. Contrary to some reviews I have read, I don't believe this is an over-produced album. The songs are certainly produced well, and there are a few AOR gimmicks courtesy of Mutt Lange and Mitchell Froom, but these actually add to the songs. This is a very accomplished album from a band who have paid their dues and are now an assured, world-class act. They have totally dispelled many peoples' illusions of them as a rather parochial, jig and reel band, and if any band is on its way to scale the heights of Fleetwood Mac and other stadium fillers, then The Corrs are certainly it. Well done and thanks for the album, Jim, Andrea, Sharon and Caroline.
on 28 August 2014
Everything was ok, the item itself, the timing of delivery, the packaging, etc.
on 14 January 2017
Quick delivery great cd
on 3 September 2015
OK nothing special
on 26 September 2014
This is another good and varied collection from The Corrs. The disc opens with Breathless which is, for this listener, the best song the Corrs ever recorded (ok, I admit, I've not heard them all). This is followed by a few songs that only qualify as good before we are treated to three highlights in a row: Radio, Irresistible, and One Night. The last of these is a change of mood: a slow haunting song which is a pleasant change of tempo.

There are more highlights to come, but the biggest surprises are the reggae sound of Give It All Up and the sound of brushes being used on a snare drum in Hurt Before - as a former percussionist myself, I respect Caroline for trying to keep the old-fashioned sound of brushes alive!

In summary, if you like The Corrs you should know what to expect and you should not be disappointed.
on 12 November 2005
Well, what can I say... I'm a HUGE fan of the Corrs and love their music, and I must admit I was terribly excited getting their new album In Blue. But, after hearing the brilliantly fantastic 'Forgiven not Forgotten' and 'Talk on Corners', I must say, I was quite depressed and disappointed. The lead single, 'Breathless', 7/10, is OK, but it really annoyed me after listening. Give me A Reason - 9/10 - was better, with a funky pop tune and great vocals from Andrea. Somebody for Someone was 10/10 coz it's one of my FAVOURITE songs on the album with a great urban tune and one that'll soon get you going. Say - 7/10 - and All the Love in the World 8/10 were not as good but still, better than some with funny pop tunes and exciting vocals and instruments. Radio was fabulous - a definite 10/10. I love the song and it was SPECTACULAR!!! Irresistible is another of my favourites - 10/10. Like Radio, I play it again AND again. One Night and All in a Day are both 6/10 and are quite boring. Skip them after a few times. At Your Side 8/10 was OK, but I WAY preferred the unplugged version, but it was quite cool. No More Cry 9/10 was a FANTASTIC song, all emotional and fantasizing when you listen to it. Then comes Rain, a strange song that stands out from the album, with funny lyrics and a weird chorus - 8/10, because it was cool and interesting. Give It All Up is 6/10 - OK but just a pop song you easily forget. I loved Hurt Before and Rebel Heart (the instrumental) as they were both exciting, fun and beautiful songs, especially the instrumental Rebel Heart. A GREAT album, but when you know the Corrs' music as well as I do, you'll probably be a bit disappointed.
HALL OF FAMETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 November 2011
After two great albums in which they successfully blended pop and celtic folk music, this third studio release from the Corrs saw them moving more into the radio friendly pop camp at the expense of the traditional sound. In moving from the middle ground they had so successfully navigated previously something was lost, and while this album is solid and workmanlike, it lacks that bit of vital spark that would make it great. Everyone is still doing a good job, with a good solid backing behind the soaring lead vocals, but the slicker production and reduction in the trad Irish feel are serious minus points. A good middling album, not dire, not great. 3 stars.
HALL OF FAMETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 November 2011
on 9 December 2000
I was disappointed when Breathless was released, it didn't seem very Corrsish to me - but I bought the album anyway. Now I'm really glad I did, for now its one of my all time favourites! Give Me A Reason is brilliant - its so shimmery and strange... Rain is also excellent - it makes you feel like you've just woken up and all you can see is sunlight though white curtains (which contradicts its title - I know). "All in a Day" will stay with you all day, and although I didn't think much to the single version of Radio, this remix is breath taking. It annoys me that they've only released my two least fave tracks (Breathless and Irristable) because it has put quite a few people I know off buying the album (that is until they listened to mine and realised that it is actually very good!) BUY IT NOW!