Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Bloody British History Leeds
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.59

on 23 March 2013
I found out about this book through Twitter and it has been worth every penny.

There are very few books that I can't put down but I just wanted to keep going with this one. It is not often that a history book makes you smile or even laugh out loud but I will admit that this book made me do both so I hope the author won't mind me describing his book as being like 'Horrible Histories' for adults. Where else will you find chapters dedicated to exploding Mummies and Dripping Riots? I am now keen to explore more of the history of Leeds so it has served as a great introduction.

Go on treat thissen.
on 21 July 2014
If you're on your way to visit a friend who lives in Leeds or nearby then I recommend you buy this a prezzy for them. I bought it for my friend who lives in Hebden Bridge and she loved it . It's a great insightful local history full of amusing stuff. Plus it's written by a local author so you get a proper northern perspective and you support the community :-) It's not a boring history book for academics , its a cool thing for the coffee table to nip in and out of but tells it like it is ! A really good stocking filler this christmas for all your northern mates .
on 16 June 2014
Very interesting and well written. I would have preferred more recent history but neverthless good value for money, and recommend the book.
on 15 February 2015
A good read
on 22 May 2016
As a Loiner gives a new angle on my 89 year City.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 January 2016
Fascinating facts about local history.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse