on 3 December 2015
I have to say first up that I am not a vampire fan boy. I don't watch the TV shows or read all the series of the genre. I do like a laugh though and I understand that Moore writes funny stories.
I picked this because the reviews were promising and it seemed a decent first dive into Moore's work. My thoughts? Well it was OK. It was fine. It was engaging, I kept reading. I quite enjoyed it.
Did I rush to buy the next one? No. I guess the main thing I would say is that I just didn't find it very funny. I can't remember laughing at all in fact.
I don't want to say it was bad, it wasn't. It was fine - an easy, enjoyable read, no more.
If you are really into vampire stories maybe you'd enjoy it more.
on 18 September 2012
Excellent book from a writer who should be better known in the UK. Funny, sharp, good characters, and did I mention he is funny? A unique take and antidote to the current sentimentalised and formulaic vampire genre - a kind of literary garlic. I've read several of his books now, including the two others in this series. Recommended.
on 16 April 2016
I like Christopher Moore's humour and this works as a "light" scifi horror. Certainly going to read the trilogy.
on 3 April 2014
Love it! Christopher's Moore books are easy, funny read! And this one is no different. If you like vampires, and are wondering how will it be to be one nowadays - this is a book to read!
on 14 January 2014
This book is a brilliant read. Very funny. Just what you would expect form the one of the masters of comedy.
on 10 May 2015
Zany and Hilarious.
on 6 August 2014
Fantastic book, highly recommended.
on 11 October 2017
Fun easy to read series
on 7 February 2013
Funny, Silly, Daft and Irreverent. Just the job to cheer up a cold winter night. All three books in the set are worth reading (In my opinion) Laugh out loud books.
on 19 July 2015
Great beginning to a disappointing trilogy.