on 18 February 2014
Blood Singers by Tamara Rose Blodgett was a free Novel via Amazon UK at the time of purchase, recommended by a Friend, and once I read it I was so glad that I had taken the chance!
This is a whole new world of Vampires, Werewolves, A new race called Blood Singers, and The Unseelie Fae. This is a whole different take on the classic and often over done genre, and was exceptionally refreshing! It had me looking forward to finding as many spare minuets of the day that I could to read, as I simply just could not put this novel down! It is so Addictive!!!!
All of 4 different races want Julia for their own - but after being thrust head first into a world that she knows nothing about and doesn't understand, how is she supposed to choose, let alone understand what is going on? Within the Vampires there are 2 factions ready to fight over her, similarly within the Werewolf population there are also 2 different factions willing to kill for Julia - but just what makes her so special?
Get ready to discover a plot filled with uncovered mysteries, lies and deceit, a plot that brings you into a world so vivid you will truly feel that you are right there with Julia. You will experience her joy, her happiness, her despair, her heartache, her losses but also importantly her gains, her abilities to overcome almost anything, her survival and most importantly just how big and open her heart is - All of this and with The American Feds chasing them all!! - Without them truly knowing what is going on either!
A brilliant first novel in what looks like to be an addictive series that I for one am going to follow!!
on 22 April 2013
The underlying plot was brilliant & the changing pace & constant upheaval was superbly handled. You will love the main character strong yet vulnerable, both male & female. I just found slight difficulty with the ease of the read, the flow occasionally made it hard for me to keep up & 're-reading was necessary.
on 24 September 2012
I surprised myself with this book. Usually I download these fantasy books involving vampires and werewolves when they appear for free on Amazon, and read them in around 30 minutes. This book was completely different - it had an original story, creative and believable characters, and a good writing style which flowed well. It's not perfect - there are a couple of small errors and in a literary sense it could use a lot of work (sentence structure etc), but it has great potential, and these issues are barely noticeable. It moved me, which is very unusual for these types of novels. It made me sad, it made me laugh, it made me angry, and the author does a very good job at making you see the story from the points of view of different characters, giving you a deeper insight into their motivation and thought process. I highly recommend this book, and am eagerly awaiting the next instalment - and this is a first for me, as I haven't yet come across another book which has hooked me enough to pay for the follow up to it. Excellent read, and a decent length.
on 11 March 2014
I didn't like how this book was put together it was so frustrating having all the different point of views, I don't usually mind that but with this book it felt so contrived.
I felt that this book has potential but the author got so carried away with so many different characters it was a mess and the story suffered as a result. Julie was pulled in so many different directions I felt sorry for her and I don't know I felt that hindered her development she never really got her moment because one of her many many many suitors would barge in and steal her away. I mean what's with all the guys it was excessive and annoying.
I think I might read the sequel to see if it develops but if it stays the same as this I won't be finishing this series.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 15 January 2015
I downloaded this book back in March 2013 and I've absolutely no idea why it's taken me so long to actually get round to reading it.
This is a surprising book even after reading the reviews it was so much more than I expected, it takes a bit of getting used to since it has multi person POV and past and present but once you settle in it's great.
I personally like a book where you get different POV it gives a better understanding of the characters and in this book I think it's essential especially because if we were only getting Julia's POV we wouldn't get the full picture since she's blinded by grief and angry for huge sections.
On the whole I loved this book, there were a couple of things I didn't like I'll be honest and admit that Julia got my nerves a bit a lot of her decisions didn't make sense and she has a habit of deliberately running head first towards danger but then she's young and she's been through so much, but between her running and her being kidnapped it's a bit like ping pong.
Plot wise there was something I just don't get even though it was explained away I'm still not sure I understand the reasoning behind it I didn't want this to be a spoiler review but it's bugging me, it's not a huge spoiler but I'm going to add it at the bottom.
In conclusion this is a book to lose yourself it, it's so much more than I expected and yes it does have a cliffhanger ending but I was prepared for it since I've already downloaded the second book, it's the surprise cliffhangers that get me.

####### SPOILER QUESTION ########
If Singers are in such short supply and desperately needed why kill two of them, even if it's seen as a waste them being together surely it's better than them not being here at all and the children they have are Singers so why stop them having future children after all it's more Singers which is what they want, isn't it, if it's because too many together are seen as dangerous and a family unit would be too strong then they've shown they're not adverse to kidnapping. Maybe it's me but I just can't get my head around it.
on 18 February 2013
Although the story jumped about a bit at the start, once i got into it I found it to be an enjoyable read.
on 15 March 2013
This opening book in the blood series by Tamara Rose Blodgett has blown me away. I can honestly say I am enthralled. If you are a fan of paranormal romance with strong characters, fast paced plots and plenty of twists you MUST read this!!!!
on 2 June 2013
This novel rapidly flicks from past to present and everywhere in between. I didn't have the will power to sort it all out in my head, so it went in the too hard basket. Maybe with a better layout, the book maybe a success.
on 23 April 2013
Read this book cover to cover in less than 2 days, really good characters and a great story. Just bought book 2 in the series and am eagerly awaiting book three.
on 16 May 2013
I got this book because it was free, and I was anticipating a good read ....until the main character kept getting kidnapped, kept fainting and generally had all sorts lusting after her whilst she behaved like a spoiled and weak child. It was really disappointing as the story had so much promise after its slow start. Whilst the actual story was not to my liking there was no denying that it was well written and very descriptive.