Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 October 2014
A fascinating book, which includes the author's own account of how he became a disciple of Jesus. There was a chapter on Hebrew letters and words which while interesting I'm still trying to figure out the relevance of, but once he gets into the astronomical stuff it's really gripping. I took this on holiday with me and couldn't put it down. Now I'm riveted to every bit of news that comes out of the Middle East, and seriously thinking I may see the return of Christ in my lifetime, depending on how long I live, of course (I'm 64). Biltz sensibly doesn't do any date-setting but the material presented here, together with what's going on in the world and all the eschatological information we have in the Bible, leaves me more convinced than ever that the time is short.
on 20 May 2014
I made the Mistake of reading John Hagee’s “Four Blood Moons” before this book – and I was disappointed enough with it that I almost didn’t read this one. That would have been a bigger mistake. Connecting tetrads of blood moons on Jewish Feast days to historical events for Israel is Blitz’s idea – and he understands and explains it best.

“Blood Moons” is one of many books I have been reading while doing research on my own books. I agree with Blitz on many points, including the significance of astronomical signs and Jewish holidays as markers for future events. Scoffers will point out that in the last 2000 years there have been eight such tetrads of blood moon eclipses lined up on Jewish feast days, and only the last three have been near significant events in the history of the Jewish people. I would counter that even three such occurrences establish a new trend, that the trend has been in effect for over 500 years, and may be worth keeping in mind as we are now at the fourth such set of eclipses.

Perhaps I am biased because my own research concludes that the re-establishment of some form of Third Temple in Jerusalem is likely by June 2016. The focus of historical events linked to tetrads of blood moons on Jewish holidays also fits this idea, though Blitz does not make a claim this will happen. Let’s consider the narrowing geographic focus of associated events:

The World – In 1492 the Jews were expelled from Spain, the Spanish officially discovered the Americas, and Jews spread to many countries, including the United States, where eventually there were more Jews than in Israel. Within one year of this there was a holiday tetrad of blood moons in 1493 and 1494.

The Nation of Israel - Israel was re-established as a nation in 1948, and within a year of this independence there was a tetrad in 1949 and 1950.

The City of Jerusalem – Israelis reunited all of Jerusalem under Jewish rule after recapturing East Jerusalem and the Temple Mount in 1967. Within a year, there was a tetrad in 1967 and 1968.

The Temple - Research on my own Bible prophecy books, including “End Times and 2019” (published in 2013) and my upcoming book on the Antichrist (hopefully coming out by early 2015) conclude that the reestablishment of some form of Third Temple in Jerusalem is likely by June 2016. This would be within a year of the tetrads of blood moons in 2014 and 2015 and seems to fit the pattern well.

That’s all the new insight I can add here in a book review. Blitz deserves credit for first noticing the correlation and for writing an impressive book. I took many notes; he gave me many insights. If you are interested in these topics you will not be disappointed.

--- reviewed by David Montaigne, author of End Times and 2019
[...]
on 24 September 2014
Many copies of this book have been purchased in my church.

It's not just the blood moons.
The authors highlight the way (which most of us had not seen before) in Genesis chapter 1 God says that the lights in the sky are for "signs" (as well as seasons).
OK so we look at those signs - the phases of the moon as well as the sun's cycle - then at the Hebrew feasts (whose dates are fixed in God's Hebrew calendar) as "moedim" - signs, or "rehearsals" of what is to come - and then at the interlinking of the blood moons which are taking place now, and those Hebrew feasts, in the light of the rest of what scripture has to say about them.

This has been such a helpful book to us. Highly recommended.
on 23 September 2015
I love Bible prophecy however I don't find the theory that the Author puts forward about the blood moons to be backed up in the bible. There is a mention of the moons going blood red, but I think the hype around the blood moons is pushing external world events into the Bible rather than letting the Bible speak for itself. If you look for a pattern hard enough you'll find one, and this is what this book is about really.
on 21 July 2015
Very interesting clearly presented, makes you think and helps you grasp a deeper understanding of the feast and
What they represent, so relevant for today.
Would well recommend to read and take stock of as you read the bible you can see more into why Jesus
did the things he did.
on 12 February 2015
This is written by Mark Biltz, who seems to be the first person to have seen the pattern in the blood moons. It really opened my eyes to the whole subject of the Jewish feasts and their links to the phases of the moon. There are now many books and websites about the blood moons, since we are in the middle of the only tetrad of blood moons this century which fall on the Feasts of Passover and Tabernacles. I think that some of Mark's conclusions are a little tenuous, but it's well worth reading, even if you initially think that it's a bit odd.
The starting point is what drew me in. In Genesis chapter 1, God says that the lights in the sky are to be signs for 'seasons', as it says in most translations of the Bible. However, the word translated 'seasons' really means appointed times for God's people to have an encounter with him, and that shed a completely new light on the relevance of the Feasts.
on 24 August 2014
Got a feeling that this guy has hit on something here and in 2015 could be the blood moon that the Saviour was talking about and could be very significant to the covenant people or the Jewish nation we shall see what that year will bring.
on 4 May 2015
Fascinating and the author leaves his thoughts but not so much as to enable you to draw your own conclusions. An enjoyable read especially with regard to the Jewish festivals. It gave me a much better understanding of the Scriptures that I knew well.
on 7 September 2014
A great deal of information in this book - too much to absorb at first reading so recommend keeping a notebook near by!
on 18 March 2014
I highly recommend this book if you want to understand biblical prophecy and God's plan for our time.
This book will change your life!