on 18 October 2017
JT is a genealogist with a case to solve. Unfortunately the trail has led to England, and he has a terrible fear of flying. However, he has to go, and soon discovers the family tree is steeped in murder and intrigue which have spilled over into the current day. Attempts are made to deter him, which quickly escalate to a murder attempt. It was interesting to read of the events in the past which have led up to current events.
on 1 November 2017
This is the first Steve Robinson book I have read and I have to say I'm quite impressed . He is a good story teller ,good food for the imagination ! The story had good pace with plenty going on all the way through which is refreshing for this type of book with a good finale . I didn't give it five stars because I'm not sure how good he can be ! I do hope the next book lives up to my expectations ! Here's hoping !
on 14 February 2013
I was recommended this by my father who is a keen genealogist and thought this book was great. I am only half way through but am loving every minute of it. It's extremely well written and is very interesting with a great deal of mystery and excitement thrown in. The main character - Jefferson Tayte - is an interesting guy and I am so looking forward to finding out much more about him. I have already bought the next book in the series and can't wait to get stuck in once I have finished this one.

I can't recommend this book enough - in fact I already have recommended it to several friends who are also reading and enjoying it. If you buy this book your money definitely won't be wasted!
on 31 October 2017
This story through the ages is cleverly weaved and exciting enough. The main character tayte turns out to be a closet James Bond, willing and able for many a daring do! Fast paced and fun.
on 30 September 2017
Being interested in genealogy, I found this tale all the more interesting. Really enjoyable read. Would recommend to any one interested in history and crime
on 31 December 2017
I enjoyed the book overall though it seemed rather unnecessarily complicated at times. The last few chapters were definitely of the "I couldn't put it down" variety.
on 12 November 2017
I really enjoyed this book. I loved it as it kept me thinking right to the end. It is so well written and shows a knowledge of genealogy.
on 9 October 2017
Excellent read, edge of the seat stuff, but had to re-read a few bits to keep up with all the names and name changes. Would recommend.
on 1 October 2017
A bit slow at the start, but quite intriguing story. I enjoyed it,had to keep reading to the conclusion.
on 11 December 2015
An interesting story that switches between modern day and 1803 and how events in that year play out now. Main character is a more of a PI than a historian. Overall an enjoyable read.