Blogging for Dummies(R) (For Dummies (Computers)) Paperback – 27 Dec 2013
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
There is a newer edition of this item:
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Choose blogging software and set up your blog
- Create good blog content and avoid spam
- Dress up your blog with video and explore vlogging
- Use a blog to build relationships with customers
Want to start blogging? Have a blog that could be better? You′ve come to the right book!
If you′ve been thinking about starting a blog, today′s the day! This book shows you how to launch a hosted blog in about 10 minutes. And if you′ve already started blogging but want to improve your technique, keep reading. Learn to target your content, use video and podcasting, market your blog, monetize it, and use it to promote your business.
- Start your adventure get acquainted with the blogosphere, decide on a topic, and learn blogging essentials
- Select software follow step–by–step instructions to set up your blog using Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr, or Squarespace
- Tune it up decide what goes on your blog, get ideas from other bloggers, and learn how to appeal to your audience
- Content is king learn what your audience wants, how long your posts should be, when to post, and the style that works best
- More than words see how to increase readership with photos and podcasts, or experiment with videoblogging
- Promote your blog get going with RSS and Twitter and learn to track your stats
- Blogging for dollars put ads on your blog, form relationships with sponsors, and use affiliate programs to make a buck
Open the book and find:
- The easiest way to get started
- What makes a blog successful
- Why you should include photos
- Pros and cons of allowing comments
- Spam–dodging secrets
- Tips on increasing readership with forums
- Business–boosting reasons to blog
- Ten things every blogger should do
About the Author
Amy Lupold Bair owns Resourceful Mommy Media LLC and blogs at resourcefulmommy.com. She′s the author of Raising Digital Families For Dummies.
Susannah Gardner was among the editors who launched the first Los Angeles Times website and is coauthor of three previous editions of Blogging For Dummies.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
8 May 2016
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I find this manual clearly written and helpful for an absolute beginner like myself.
8 February 2015
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
An excellent book for complete beginners like myself. There is a heck of a lot of information here. It needs to be read and reread but I think it includes all you need to know to avoid making silly mistakes which you may well come to regret later!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
A very useful and plains speaking book, like all the Dummies books. . Not a lot to say. Its great.
Pages with related products. See and discover other items: google analytics