Have one to sell?
Blitz! Original London Cast Soundtrack
|Price:||£2.67 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
See all 2 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Only 2 left in stock (more on the way).
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
1. Our Hotel 2. Tell Him - Tell Her! 3. I Want To Whsiper Something 4. The Day After Tomorrow 5. We're Going To The Country 6. Another Morning 7. Who's This Geezer Hitler? 8. Be What You Wanna Be 9. Opposites 10. Reprise: The Day After Tomorrow 11. Entr'acte 12. Far Away 13. Petticoat Lane (On A Saturday Ain't So Nice) 14. Down The Lane 15. So Tell Me 16. Mums And Dads 17. Who Wants To Settle Down? 18. Is This Gonna Be A Wedding? 19. Duty Calls! 20. Reprise: Who's This Geezer Hitler - Various Artists
Set in the East End of London during the aerial bombings of the Second World War, Blitz was based on Lionel Barts own childhood memories of growing up in war torn London. According to the author, the musical was three human stories inside an epic canvas; the major human conflict the major plot personifies the spirit of London and how that spirit developed during the period of the piece. Expectation for Blitz was high, especially as Oliver! was still running in the West End, and the musical went some considerable way of matching expectations, running for 568 performances, whilst the cast recording would peak at #7 on the chart during the course of some five months on the listings.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
on 13 May 2016
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
Needed this CD as our amateur operatic society's 2016 production is Blitz. Disappointed that all the songs from our Libretto/Vocals script are not on this CD, such as Bake a Cake, Leave it to the Ladies, Is this going to be a wedding. Instrumental versions of songs replace these. Have to rely on rehearsal nights to learn the songs that this CD does not have.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I was in this Musical as a 12yr old - wonderful memories - loved it!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Pages with related products. See and discover other items: handheld consoles