Bless You California: More Early Songs Of Randy Newman CD
|Price:||£12.83 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
* Randy Newman was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2002. When asked how he would like his plaque displayed, he replied, "Carole King and Stevie Wonder on either side. And Irving Berlin above."
* It's a different story these days but in the years preceding his breakthrough as a performer in the mid-1970s the songs Newman wrote were recorded in the main by other artists.
* Our 2008 collection "On Vine Street" (CDCHD 1186) comprised material drawn from that formative first decade of his career. The positive response the CD received suggested a second volume was warranted. Fortunately, he wrote enough songs during those hungry years to make one possible.
* Some acts - Nilsson, Harpers Bizarre, the Fleetwoods, Alan Price, Irma Thomas, his early songwriting partner Jackie DeShannon - are inextricably linked with Newman and make return appearances on "Bless You California".
* The Fleetwoods' 'Ask Him If He's Got A Friend For Me', one of Randy's earliest recorded compositions, makes its debut CD appearance here, as do the tracks by Martin Denny, Johnny Shepard, Dick Lory (Dick Glasser), Peggy March, We Talkies, the Epics and Connie Stevens.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Probably best for Randy Newman fans.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category