- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
BlazBlue Continuum Shift: Extend - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Xbox 360
- Media: Video Game
Platform: Xbox 360
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is the latest in the BlazBlue series – the most advanced 2D fighter ever made, critically acclaimed for its unique characters, refined and accessible-but-deep fighting system and epic storyline.
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend continues in this tradition – while offering players substantially more content.
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend includes;
• All previously DLC-only characters included on disk – including Makoto, Valkenhayn R Hellsing and Platinum the Trinity.
• Brand new character Relius Clover and his robotic puppet Ignis, join the fight!
• All new stories, taking the total content to 23 epic scenarios to play through.
• Powered up Abyss mode – which sees you leveling up your chosen characters over a series of battles.
• New Unlimited Mars mode which pits you against the toughest opposition you’ve ever faced.
• Brand new Team Battles for a better online experience. Play 2v2, 3v3 and even handicapped matchups, like 2v4.
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend boasts a huge amount of single player and multiplayer content – making it the ultimate BlazBlue package.
BLAZBLUE CONTINUUM SHIFT EXTEND is the latest addition to the critically acclaimed high definition 2D fighting series from the creators of Guilty Gear, Arc System Works. BLAZBLUE is well known for its deep story, unique characters, attractive world setting, impressive animations, outstanding graphics and its speedy stylish fighting.
Beautiful hand-drawn 2D character graphics are combined with detailed 3D model stages to give you an impressive and unique fighting game experience
- RELIUS CLOVER JOINS THE FIGHT!: A brand new playable character – Relius Clover battles alongside his robotic puppet, Ignis – who he can call on for lightning fast and vicious attacks!
- ALL DLC CHARACTERS INCLUDED ON DISK: Makoto Nanaya, Valkenhayn R Hellsing and Platinum the Trinity are all included as standard, as well as the previously unlock-only, Mu 12!
- CALAMITY TRIGGER REMASTERED: New to BlazBlue? BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend includes the original Calamity Trigger story, so you can play the epic saga right from the beginning!
- NEW CHARATER SCENARIOS: For the first time ever Makoto, Valkenhayn, Platinum and Relius each have their own story to play through!
Introducing 'Military Academy' and 'Sector Seven' – two bonus stories which detail the rival organisations in the BlazBlue universe for the first time on home console!
- UNLIMITED MARS!: Are you ready for the challenge? Unlimited Mars pits you against Unlimited Characters for a challenge like you’ve never seen before!
- ALL-NEW TEAM BATTLE: Due to popular demand you can now create teams online and battle in intense 3v3, 2v4 or even handicapped 5v1 battles! It’s the ultimate online experience!
- ABYSS MODE: Power up your character as you descend into the Abyss – choose to improve your character’s speed, strength, Drive attacks and more!
- EXPANDED CHALLENGE MODE: Now with 50% more content, Challenge mode takes you through more combos for both beginners and advanced players!
- "The best new beat-em-up of the last several years" 9/10 Metro
- "The best fighter of 2012; thus far". 9/10 God is a Geek
- "The bravest, boldest and best 2D fighter available." 9/10 made2game
Top customer reviews
- Deep and still quite fast gameplay
- A fighting game with a good STORY?! That is rare!
- Great roster (not because it's big, but because the characters are all different from eachother)
- Low price for a special edition
- A sequel has already been confirmed. Even if the online game may not be as alive now as it was before (Persona 4 A is one of the reasons for that) the series is alive and well!
Basically I would give a fighting game a 5/10 for having a decent roster and good gameplay because those are the bare necessities. But with all the features this game has, it's a 9/10 from me.
The price of this is excellent! This is near enough brand new is shops! at £38, or round about. AND that's just for the game,
with this you get the game, a re-mastered version of the old game (so 2 games right there!) and a CD with the soundtrack of the pieces of music, and finally you get some SWEET art works with sketches and some nice drawings. All together in a very attractive box. .... I like white! so it was all good :) If you like SSF4 and MK9, this is a difficult game to master..... ( I know you gamers out there reading this saying to yourself 'Challenge Accepted!')
So yes, a sweet deal indeed!
The single-player storyline is...Long. Lots of story, not enough fighting, in my opinion anyway. But...I'm in the camp that says you don't buy a fighting game for the single-player story; you buy it for arcade mode and for multiplayer, and on both of these criteria, it's great!