- Audio CD (1 Jan. 2012)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: EP
- Label: Fierce Panda
- ASIN: B000IB0JXO
- Other Editions: Audio CD | MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (10 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 162,599 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
The Blackout! The Blackout! The Blackout! EP
|Price:||£3.97 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
The Blackout! The Blackout! The Blackout! [Explicit]
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
the album only contains 6 tracks, but it is a case of quality over quantity. from the intro to the first song till the end of the album, these welsh rockers play mad riffs and scream some gutsy vocals.
You can hear samples from the album on the blackouts myspace page. well worth a look.
the best songs have to be Hard slammin' and it's high tide baby (though this one seems better live, anyone who saw them support the lostprophets should vouch for this).
I don't know what else to say apart from buy this album, listen to it, love it!
As previously pointed out on Hard Slammin', the production is razor-sharp and clean, the guitars crunchy, the drums powerful and the vocals to the fore without being over-bearing.
It's the songs of course which are the key here; to some in the south Wales rock scene, The Blackout have been somewhat written off as style over substance, but that perception is firmly put in its place. There are melodies galore, and each of the six songs is punchy and powerful.
I'm A Riot? You're A Fu*king Riot! kicks off, at a pace designed to set the pulse racing. It establishes their dynamic based around the double vocals - one singing, one screaming. It's a dynamic which works, and elevates The Blackout from the mire of bands utitilising only the hardcore vocal style.
These guys know about pop, in the same way that Lostprophets, Funeral For A Friend and Bullet For My Valentine all do. Indeed, there are elements of all those bands here, from metal-style double-kick-drumming to impassioned, emotive vocals. But The Blackout are their own men, and there's a recognisable sound developing here.
That sound is one that could see this six-piece join their illustrious compatriates who've fused rock and pop with such success.
1) I'm A Riot You're A Fucking Riot 11/10, a brilliant start to and album its catchy, its heavy, its amazing.
2) Hard Slammin' 10/10, this is the song that made me fall in love with this band, and it still takes my breath away now!
3) Murder In The Make Believe Ballroom 7/10, This is one of my least favourite song but its still very good nether the less.
4) It's High Tide Baby 20/10- absolutely love this song best song on the album by far, cant stop listenin to it!
5) You And Your Friends Vs Me And The Revolution 10/10, " i die you cry we lie everytime", very good song with a very catchy lyrics!
6) Fashion Conscious Suicide 9/10, Brilliant song to end a brilliant album!
A must have album and a must see band live!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love The Blackout, shame they are no longer going but this is another great CDPublished 17 months ago by Nicola L
I purchased this CD years ago but I can honestly say that this has remained in my collection and I still enjoy it.Published on 22 April 2013 by Mrs. S. J. Baldwin
There is a saying that if you throw enough mud at something that some of it will stick,the same works the other way,if you throw enough roses at something then the item will end up... Read morePublished on 23 Aug. 2007 by sean paul mccann