- Up to 70% off fashion: Revamp your look with savings on selected clothes, shoes, handbags and more. Shop now.
- Find your favourite brands for less in the Fashion Outlet Store.
- Check out our Fashion Sales & Deals for the latest offers from your favourite brands.
- Discover top brands and fashionable styles in our Men's Clothing Store.
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
- KEVLAR® flame and flash protection
- Padded plates to protect the back of the hand
- Heavy duty design ideal for tactical operations
- Over-wrap fingertip design ensures maximum tactility and durability
- Dual layer palm with PittardsTM WR100X and Armortan® treated premium goatskin leather for water repellenc
Customers Who Bought This Brand Also Shopped For
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Blackhawk SOLAG Full Finger Gloves Kevlar, ergonomically designed special operations glove with additional Kevlar protection. These Blackhawk S.O.L.A.G gloves with Kevlar are ideal for Police or urban operations. An innovation from Blackhawk. Blackhawk SOLAG Full Finger Gloves Kevlar, Lean and mean Lean ergonomic cut and pre-curved design of the Kevlar gloves follows the contours of the "relaxed" hand for greater dexterity and less bulk when clutching objects. Double layered palm and reinforced fingertips provide improved grip and greater durability. Materials Genuine protective materials used, such as DuPontTM KEVLAR®. Plus high quality treated leathers ensure maximum performance and no-melt, no-drip protection. Dual layer palm with PittardsTM WR100X and Armortan® treated premium goatskin leather for water repellency and 25% more abrasion resistance.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1) Size: Some reviewers have an issue with sizing, complaints ranging from "too tight" to the fingers being all the same length. These gloves are made partially of leather, primarily the palms; all leather-made goods have a "break in" period (belts, shoes, holsters, etc) where they will feel tighter and smaller than you expected. This is normal until the leather relaxes a bit. That said, keep in mind that not everyone's hands are the same, some people have thicker hands than others (mechanics in particular), if you think you fall into this category...you should try to locate a BlackHawk dealer and try the gloves on in the store. I measured the length of the fingers on my gloves...and they aren't the same.
2) Stitching: Yes, there is a lot of stitching present. I noticed a few people who had issues with there being too many stitches on the palms. This is a strength issue. These gloves are made of leather, and they're expected to see a lot of use, consequently there are a lot of stitches present to ensure the gloves don't come apart at the seams.
3) Made in China: Yes, these gloves are made in China. The package my gloves came in had this labeled clearly. The website here says they're made in the USA. I believe this is a problem with the item description being outdated or just wrong. However, are you really surprised? I wasn't able to find a pair of American made cut/flame/flash-resistant gloves that included everything I was looking for (padding, Kevlar cut/flame/flash, leather palm, double closure, end at the wrist). Don't get me wrong, there ARE Kevlar cut/flame/flash-resistant gloves which are made in the USA, but none that I found fitted my criteria.
If I happen to find some that have everything I want, but are made in the USA, I'd gladly ditch these in a flash. That being said, in my opinion, there is nothing "low quality" about these gloves. They're as I expected them to be. I deducted one star for one reason, the joining between the index finger and the thumb, where a rifle or pistol (depending on type and model) may wear on the gloves, probably should have an aditional layer. I don't know how much this might affect the life of the glove...probably not much...but it is something to consider, depending on what types of rifles or pistols you carry.
Updated 4 September 2012 - The Amazon merchant partner, Optics Planet, was great for customer service, so I returned the first pair and started using a replacement set. After six days of use spread over two weeks, a seam popped on the thumb of the right glove while driving, making a half-inch hole. Turning the glove inside out to try to repair them in the field, I found the stitching seems to have been run out to the very edge of the leather, so it pulled out just like on the first pair. Once again, poor manufacturing. The quality of the leather and Nomex fabric seem good, but sadly the pieces are so badly stitched together that the gloves can't be counted on.
Waiting waiting for the weather to turn nice so I could get out and use them in the yard.
After 2 hours of raking leaves, and another hour of removing tree branches from the yard (hurricane Sandy)I had holes in three fingers. I am very displeased with the quality of theses gloves, when they can't handle three hours of light to medium labor. (Even got some blisters through the gloves)Hopefully the seller will refund my purchase price...I am not a fan.