Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 11 January 2014
From one very cynical buyer to another (I assume you're at least *slightly* cynical or you wouldn't be paying so much attention to the reviews...) let me assure you - this is DEFINITELY worth the surprisingly little amount you're about to pay for it.
I don't suffer with particularly bad skin or acne problems, however I occasionally get little outbreaks of blackheads around my chin, and was looking into similar products in the high street. I picked up a product that was practically identical to this one, read the back of the package, then looked up at the shelf where the price sticker was.... wait for it.... TEN FREAKIN POUNDS?!?! I put it back and pretty much sprinted out of the well-known-high-street-chemist-named-after-a-piece-of-footwear.
I then did what any self-respecting shopper with an internet connection would do, and searched online. I'm just going to assume this is exactly your story so far and answer the nagging questions I had before clicking "add to basket"
1. Is this item going to be flimsy and cheap feeling? A: No. it's made of metal, has a good weight to it, won't bend easily, and is properly moulded so no sharp jagged bits to accidentally cut yourself with.
2. Am I just paying for a tiny stick? Cant I do the same job with the end of a bobby pin or something? A: Nope. for a start, you're not just getting a tiny stick - the tiny stick comes packaged nicely, and even had a little notelet saying "enjoy your cheeky product!" which was a nice touch. And NO, you cant get the same results with a bobby pin - the curved ends of this tool are just the right shape and size for the job.
3. Will it work/will it hurt? A: it works great! many other reviews have given in-depth instructions, so i'd recommend a read through, and in my experience it doesn't hurt anymore than popping a white-head spot - as long as it's ready to go, there should only be minimal pain. If it's hurting a lot then you should stop.
4. What abo- STOP ASKING QUESTIONS JUST BUY IT! it's great, i promise. go on. click "add to basket"

*UPDATE* Thanks for the positive comments, people :) A little update for you - this has become the most useful tool in my arsenal - I would still really recommend it!!
55 comments| 303 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2016
Blackheads... Sure, you may squeeze a few every now and get those pores clear - only to have them come back in what seems like minutes. Ugh!
What about all those scrubs and blackhead strips you've tried? Useless at best, damaging at worst.
Those little black plugs are stubborn, but don't resign yourself to just covering them up with foundation and dealing with them forever...
They don't go away on their own like pimples because the body doesn't have to get rid of them - they aren't really a threat as there's no bacteria growth or inflammation. They just look bad!

Using a blackhead extractor tools is one of the easiest, quickest ways to remove those annoying blockages.These cheap, small metal tools are such an easy thing to add to your 'blackhead eliminating' routine.
They are often used in professional facials to quickly extract a large area, and are much less damaging to the skin than squeezing.Now probably I can use them at home.
Particularly good for nose blackheads - the metal loop can be pressed into the side of the nose where no finger can get to. There's less pressure needed so you won't end up with a misshapen nose at the end of it.

No instructions was mentioned on how to exactly work about this, so I thought to share here. Hope it helps:
Always remember - be gentle!
How to Use:
**************
1. Cleanse your face with warm water, and hold a warm face cloth to the area for a few seconds to open up the pores OR steam your face if possible over a bowl of hot water (as I did) , or do so after a shower.
2. Place the loop end over the blackhead/whitehead you want to extract.
3. Gently press down on one side of the blackhead - move the tool across the top (think of spreading icing on a cake...ew!) - a lot of people think the loop is there to press straight down on top
But the best way to use it is to create gentle pressure from one side, and ease it out.
This forces the blockage out as you move the tool over the top. You should be able to feel the tiny pressure as you press down, and the blockage will come out as a plug.

4. Cleanse your skin again, then apply toner and moisturizer.
5. Always wash the tool in hot soapy water and allow to air dry.

It can be slightly addicting... once you get the hang of using one, you'll wonder how you managed with out it. There's a reason why they are used so much in professional facials!

So, ready to make a lasting difference to your blackhead problem !!

I do read other people reviews before purchasing a product and do leave an honest review when reviewing myself.
Hope my review helps..Thanks for reading.
on 11 November 2016
Good product and well packaged. Made out of metal looks and feels strong and well made. Great compact size so its easy to use. Helps removes blackheads, it took some time to get the technique right but soon got the hang if it. My tip: wash your face in warm water prior to use so it softens your skin and open pores.
on 8 May 2013
The smaller end could do with being a fraction smaller but this bad boy pops almost 95% of spots and about 80% blackheads ... nice
on 6 July 2016
Absolutely terrible imo, could not get on with this at all. Damaged my skin more than popping a spot normally would and just generally done nothing even though I was using correctly. Spend a little more and get a decent one is my advice.
on 25 November 2015
I know how to use these tools well but this isn't very good. It's not designed well and you can't get much force without breaking the skin, and I have tough skin! Get the DR PIMPLE POPPER one instead.
on 29 May 2016
So satisfying to use this hahaha! Very handy when you've got a whitehead popped up, that's tender and using this tool releases the pressure of it and reduces the redness. About 97/100 it has worked, but that was mainly as the whiteheads had not properly come through yet, oops!
on 8 August 2014
A file and polish would have been useful for this as it came with ragged edges that had I used it on my skin would have scraped it and likely drew blood. It does work okay but for the danger aspect of it, 2 stars.
on 27 August 2016
Haven't seen this in the shops for ages used to have one but unfortunately fell down the bathroom plug hole but when I did I paid much more for it having said that it's a more hygienic way of removing spots and a tricky black heads you know them fine ones on the end of youre nose for next to nothing thank you Amazon .
on 26 August 2012
I've had acne since I was a young teenager and I have really bad scarring on my face and upper arms (which isn't helped by me continually picking at it!). My mum took me to a beautician to get my face steamed and the lady used something similar to this. I wanted to recreate the same experience at home, so I looked around for a suitable but cheap alternative and this seemed good - it's got a big loop and a small curved end for smaller spots and blackheads.

I have to state for those who buy this product or something similar - PLEASE steam your face/the area to be 'picked' at before using the extractor! Whether using a warm face towel or a facial sauna, it helps to open your pores and makes the whole process hurt a bit less! For me the extractor is most effective on my nose and forehead - I have a lot of whiteheads and steaming + using a clean implement works for me. I've removed a lot of whiteheads (which is actually gross to look at but, better out than in) and when I look closely in the mirror, I can't see the tiny white dots on my nose any more, which is great.

So if you want to help prevent potential black/white heads from becoming pimples or have pimples that you want to get rid of, then I'd recommend this.