on 15 December 2017
buy this. just buy it u want a cheap projector with awesome brightness just buy it man. a lil noisy. but who watches movie quietly buy it power on. a speaker and off u go.
on 17 April 2015
Works fine out of the box, very well packaged, no damage at all. The seller also sent through a troubleshooting guide without prompting. Although I thought this was a useful gesture, it did worry me a little!

Reason for being so cheap became clear quickly - it's not approved by​ European standards, there are no "CE" marks on the equipment (I didn't trust the plug that came with it that being the case and swapped it for another 'kettle' style lead). Furthermore the instructions that come with it although clear and easily understood were definitely not written by someone with English as their first language (see image attached that I took). Still if this doesn't bother you then fine.

There is no HDMI lead with it so you'll have to source your own. It worked perfectly with the VGA. I have it hooked up to a PC to act as a projector for a flight simulator. The focus is not automatic or electrical, you wind the front lens bezzle. At first I thought it was very limited but you have to 'force' it a little to get it to turn further. No damage was done, just tight manufacturing on the parts I suspect.

The same goes for adjusting the keystone it's not electrical. You have to twist a knob at the back. Another reason for it being so cheap. However, this doesn't bother me at all. The quality of the output is great, the lens on the front is massive and it seems to work well for what I need it for. I have it mounted on a bracketed shelf high on the wall. Combining this with the single front foot adjustment for tilt I am having an issue with correcting focus at the top and bottom of the screen. This likely means I'll have to adjust where this shelf is located which is a pain.

No complaints yet, looking forward to hooking it up to a HDMI cable to see the real difference HD makes.

If you're looking for a cheap, straightforward projector that will do the job (be prepared to play around with positioning and what have you) then I would definitely recommend this.
review image
on 24 June 2015
It makes so much nose you can't hear anything apart from the fan inside the projector.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 August 2014
For the money (at the time of writing £117.11 from Amazon) this is a great projector. I originally made the mistake of buying one of those mini projectors for £30 and on arrival instantly regretted it. No such problems with this projector. Decent build quality, image isn't too bad (can happily watch movies on it) and it's got plenty of the required connection points for media. The internal fan may be a little on the noisy side but when watching something with audio you don't notice. Nothing to really complain about, and maybe this review will change if something drastically happens but overall very happy.
33 Comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 January 2016
Great good quality had problems with my laptop p but worked out how to fix it
on 27 October 2014
Bought this as a replacement for my Sahara projector. I read the reviews and so wasn't expecting HD quality display. I bought a used/repackaged device so only paid around £115 cheaper than the cost of a new bulb. I Was surprised by the brightness even with the blinds open the picture is still clear and bright. I had an issue with the focus of the picture it was clear at the top and out of focus at the bottom even playing around with the keystone dial it was never quite all in focus. I decided to open it up and adjusted the video output screen to even out the focus, sorry can't think of a more technical description, apart from its the bit where the image gets displayed before being projected : ) As I hadn't paid a lot of money for this I was quite to play around and get it working correctly. I mainly use the projector for films and gaming. It is mounted about 2.5m from the screen and I am unable to read any text clearly, whether this is improved by a longer throw distance. Video wise colours are okay, I am basing this on playing Fallout: New Vegas. Haven't watched a lot of video, apart from a couple of Youtube videos and the quality is okay, not quite DVD but very watchable. Will update review with a film later.

I am quite happy with what I paid for the projector, it does what I want. Build quality okay and perfectly suitable for gaming and movies if you are not bothered about picture being perfect HD quality.
on 15 April 2016
I ordered this machine last week and it arrived promptly - 2 days ahead of the expected delivery date. I used it last night to give a talk and it works well. The only thing that lets it down is the atrocious instruction book which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, badly translated (I'd guess from Chinese) and full of typos. E.g.< AFTER INTER INTO STAY SITUATION, THE PROJECTOR UNDER AUTO PROTECT, AUTO RELASE HOT, THE INDICATOR LIGHT IS FLASE SITUATION, BUT HERE, THE PROJECTOR IS UNDER AUTO PROTECT SITUATION, NOT ACCEPT ANY ORDER, IF NEED TO START UP AGAIN, MUST WAIT FOR FINISHED THE RELEASE HOT.> Huh???
To save anyone else the hour I spent pulling my hair out, here are a coup[le of things the book does not tell you 1) you need to plug-in/connect up whatever source (USB'HDMI lead/whatever) before you switch the projector on, then 2) press the 'source' button on the top of the machine and use the remote to switch to the one you want to use. After that it will work quite happily the next time you turn it on.
on 2 September 2014
would reccomend to anyone aslong as you have the right room shape to accomodate a big picture, the image i have is 114" and still a great picture
on 20 July 2015
I bought this from kit master and I was amazed how good it was and it was also good for the prise. I loved using it and the picture was fantastic. The sound wasn't very good but I had some speakers so that didn't matter for me. I would recommend it to anybody.
on 29 January 2015
This is a really good projector for the piece, comes with a kettle lead, remote (buttons glow!!), HDMI, VGA, Manual, and a few other things...it is of good quality, but because it is LED... it is best to use in a dark room, or low light conditions...