on 22 March 2016
One of my most favourite wines and now available from amazon, to easy to order....
If your reading this and wondering if you will I like it, answer these questions
Do you like Australian wine
Do you like a plummy taste
Do you like a hint of vanilla in there
Do you like fuller bodied wines
Do you like stronger alcoholic strength wines.
If you got yes's for all then it's a no brainer, if you got yes's for a few then I'm confident this will not disappoint.
A bit of controversy - if you tend to like 13% French wine then this may be too flavoursome for you - be warned.
It works straight from bottle to glass, if you want an improvement aereate it.
Please note that I sometimes receive items for free or at discount price in return for a honest review, this is not one of those items but I would like to find out how........
on 7 March 2013
I had a bottle of this in a case from an Australian travel company. Not being a red drinker normally I had a little taster. Wow, amazing unfortunately not much left for me as my guests had demolished it and any they had left in the glass was protected from anyone wanting to take it off them. Worth every penny of the asking price and probably more. This would make an excellent gift for a red drinker.
on 5 June 2014
I have been drinking this wine on and of for a couple of years or more I, have recommended it to family and friends, have never heard a bad thing said about the wine, only good. I love it, so why not 5 stars? Because 'Black Stump Reserve' is the 5 star. I recommend that you try it.
on 19 October 2014
I have been drinking this wine for many years, the 2009 vintage being excellent. This is a very smooth wine that slides down your throat exquisitely and very quick indeed. Perfect for meals and just as a drink on it's own. At this price on amazon this is a steal, you can purchase off "Laithwaites" directly but pay delivery. This works out cheaper. Enjoy very much.
on 6 April 2013
The was easily the most flavourful, full bodied Shiraz I have had. Believe the reports, excellent value for money as well.
Deep flavours, fruity and excellent finish, miss at your peril
on 18 December 2015
Having enjoyed this wine a few years back it has taken quite a few years to track it down again. I found it but more importantly I've discovered Laithwaites. These guys really know their stuff and the Chaps at the Locksbottom branch are so friendly and knowledgeable. We have ordered two more cases of this and their other recommendations and look forward to being regular customers of Laithwaites. First class product and first class reseller.
on 22 June 2016
Easily the best red wine I have ever tasted. Drink it when no ones about- you don't want to share it. If you let anyone else taste it you wil never get rid of them until it's all gone. Just ordering another 6 bottles. whoopee!!
on 12 January 2013
Have had this wine in mind for some time and just had to try it. Just about the best wine I have had full and red with a superb taste soft to the palet and smooth. would recomend this wine as it is not over priced, good value.
on 2 December 2014
I order this from Laithwaites a lot. If you like Big New World wines, it's a stonker. If your taste is for old world wines it may not be to your taste. The nearest I can think of comparing it to is the old Silver Label Wolf Blass, it's velvety, very fruity and unfortunately very easily to drink
on 4 January 2016
As ever this years Black Stump Shiraz does not dissappoint, if you could try this wine one you will not be dissappointed. I asked a few people over Christmas how much they would pay for this wine once they had tasted it and the consensus was at least £20 so this is a snip at under £10 a bottle included the delivery charge !!