- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Black Stump Durif Shiraz - Red Wine - Australia - Laithwaite's Wine (Case of 6)
|Price:||£59.94 (£9.99 / Item)|
- Simply our No.1 bestselling wine - now with over a decade of sumptuous success
- Velvet smooth Aussie red made from Shiraz and Durif for intense bramble fruit flavours and a prickle of spice
- Irresistible with a char-grilled steak or Sunday roast
- Case content: 6 x 75cl
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
According to winemaker Alan Kennett, when you combine Durif and spicy Shiraz "magical things happen". Thousands of Black Stump customers seem to concur, which explains the wine's decade of popularity. Black Stump owes its name to a mythical outback landmark, now part of the Aussie language. An expression of the biggest/richest anything "this side of the black stump" effectively means "in the known world". How appropriate for a wine of peerless intensity and popularity. Dark Durif - "the grape that takes no prisoners" (The Observer) - and impressively juicy, spicy Shiraz have a turbo charging effect on each other, creating a velvety and irresistible style. Serve in large glasses and enjoy with char-grilled steak or Sunday roast.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
If your reading this and wondering if you will I like it, answer these questions
Do you like Australian wine
Do you like a plummy taste
Do you like a hint of vanilla in there
Do you like fuller bodied wines
Do you like stronger alcoholic strength wines.
If you got yes's for all then it's a no brainer, if you got yes's for a few then I'm confident this will not disappoint.
A bit of controversy - if you tend to like 13% French wine then this may be too flavoursome for you - be warned.
It works straight from bottle to glass, if you want an improvement aereate it.
Please note that I sometimes receive items for free or at discount price in return for a honest review, this is not one of those items but I would like to find out how........
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best wine ever......have brought it before....and will no doubt buy it again........Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
This wine was recommended by a friend and it doesn't disappoint. You must try it. I will be buying more!Published 12 months ago by Paul