Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 July 2014
(I received this book for free as part of Goodreads First Reads giveaways).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I found this book to be a really easy book to read. The idea of a black fairy was a really interesting one and I felt sorry for the black fairy throughout most of the book. It was nice to see that she was able to make friends with the dragonflies.

I really liked the little black fairy and I also quite liked the way the dragonflies talked. I really liked the idea of all the creatures having their own language.

The language in the book made it really easy to read and the plot of the book was a really believable one. I did notice some errors in the writing, but nothing that was really major.

The poems/songs in the book were quite unique as well. It was a good set-up to the start of the series. The ending is quite intriguing and makes me interested enough to want to read the next book that follows on from this one.

I really liked the illustrations in the books, too. Even in black and white, they were really nicely done.

I'm going to pass this book on to my niece. I think she'll really like it.
on 12 March 2014
Having read the authors book 'Kipp the Copper Coast Kid' and enjoyed it, I decided to read this one and I was not disappointed!

This is a wonderful story for kids of all ages (and adults like me who refuse to grow up)

Gentle, but having a vibrance and storyline that keeps the readers interest, I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading the follow-up story 'The Black Fairy and the Dragonfly: Escape from the Black Queen'

Meanwhile, I intend to read the other stories he has published!