- Paperback: 234 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1st edition (11 Dec. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1540638766
- ISBN-13: 978-1540638762
- Product Dimensions: 17 x 1.3 x 24.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,604,469 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Bite-Size Arabic: Learn to Read and Write Arabic Using the Tiniest Bit of Vocabulary and Grammar Paperback – 11 Dec 2016
|New from||Used from|
Paperback, 11 Dec 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Known simply as Dr. Bulbul to his Arabic students, Leston Chandler Buell is an American teacher, translator, and life-long language aficionado. At the age of 19 he moved from his native Portland, Oregon to Cairo, Egypt, where he lived for ten years. He has taught university courses in both Standard and Egyptian Arabic for Northwestern University and UCLA, where he received his Ph.D. in linguistics. He currently designs and teaches Arabic courses for UvA Talen, a language institute in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
My strategy was to read the text and keep a notebook to practice the writing. I found having the answers accessible in the index to be invaluable. The print is also large. I found this essential for reading Arabic as a novice
If you are curious about the Arabic writing system, I highly recommend this book. You don’t have to be a student of Arabic to enjoy learning about this writing system and some vocabulary words.
This book made the task of learning the Arabic writing system within reach, manageable, and interesting. I was really proud of myself when I started to see Arabic words that I could read in the media and in print.