- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Bit Trip Saga (Nintendo 3DS)
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Nintendo 3DS
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
BIT.TRIP COMPLETE offers an amazing collection of six of the very best celebrated indie BIT.TRIP games.
BIT.TRIP COMPLETE on Nintendo Wii and BIT.TRIP SAGA on Nintendo 3DS mark the first time a collection of these highly-regarded titles have appeared in compilations, and the first time BIT.TRIP games will appear at retail. Players will be able to enjoy the incredible adventure of the rhythmic galaxies and ride along the epic journey with CommanderVideo as he completes his mission and returns home. Better yet, it'll look even more stunning in 3D on Nintendo 3DS!
The six games are:
BIT.TRIP BEAT marks the beginning of CommanderVideo's epic journey
BIT.TRIP CORE is the second instalment in CommanderVideo's soul quest
BIT.TRIP VOID continues CommanderVideo's epic journey
BIT.TRIP Runner marks the first fully character-based adventure for CommanderVideo
BIT.TRIP FATE is the penultimate chapter in the six-part
BIT.TRIP series and will leave you wondering what's next
The BIT.TRIP series comes full circle with BIT.TRIP FLUX, CommanderVideo's final adventure
BIT.TRIP SAGA 3DS is a compilation of the six games of the BIT.TRIP series originally developed as WiiWare and for play on various mobile platforms. A unique blend of classic 8-bit Arcade style graphics, and modern gaming elements, BIT.TRIP SAGA 3DS allows for a complete experience of this popular series acclaimed for its merging of the best of classic and modern gaming. Compilation features include: addictive Rhythm-based gameplay, chiptune-inspired soundtracks, a variety of gameplay mechanics, in-game guests and more.
The BIT.TRIP Saga Goes 3D on Nintendo 3DS
Originally developed as WiiWare and as individual downloadable games for Apple phones and mobile systems, the BIT.TRIP game series is now available from start to finish via Nintendo 3DS in BIT.TRIP SAGA. Anchored by the actions, adventures and escalating revelations of the personage of the of series hero, CommanderVideo, the six games of BIT.TRIP SAGA feature rhythm-based gameplay that blends classic Arcade style graphics with modern game elements and design. Each game in the series although brief features challenging gameplay and utilize differing classic Arcade gameplay mechanics and chiptune-inspired synthesizer soundtracks integrated into gameplay that make for unique and addictive gameplay that is destined to be a gamer's delight on the Nintendo 3DS.
Pong meets Rez in this nutty, Rhythm-based adventure that marks the beginning of the BIT.TRIP series hero CommanderVideo's epic journey of the soul.
- Ultra-precise Rhythm-based controls and crazy boss battles
- A crazy chiptune-inspired soundtrack
- Special chiptune guest star Bit Shifter
- Classic gameplay with brain-melting visuals
- Intriguing cut scenes that introduce you to CommanderVideo
BIT.TRIP CORE is the second installment in CommanderVideo's saga. The game again features Rhythm-based action, this time in which players control a ship know as the "core" positioned at the center of the screen and use its four-way laser to destroy geometric block patterns known as beats. Building score multipliers raises your game literally to new levels of ever addictive gameplay.
- Classic Arcade style controls and beautiful boss battles
- A thumpin' chiptune-inspired soundtrack
- Special chiptune guest Star Bubblyfish
- Escalating mind-melting challenges
- Revealing cut scenes
BIT.TRIP VOID is a Rhythm-based game in which players take control of the on-sceen "void," a black pixelated circle, which grows as it absorbs black blocks that it encounters, and in turn is negatively affected by white areas.
- Mid-level checkpoints and epic boss battles
- A rockin' chiptune-inspired soundtrack
- Special chiptune guest star Nullsleep
- Synaesthetic music/art/gameplay interaction
- Hyper-realistic retro cut scenes
Based in Platformer gameplay mechanics, BIT.TRIP RUNNER marks the first in-game appearance of CommanderVideo as players move him to the left or right, and prompt him to jump, slide and kick through 50 game level filled with obstacles and bosses.
- Rhythm-based action platforming and classic Arcade-style controls
- 50+ challenges and boss battles against robotic terrors
- A pounding Chiptune-inspired soundtrack
- Special Chiptune guest star Anamanaguchi
- Meet new in-game friends of CommanderVideo
Discover CommanderVideo's true face as you annihilate everything in your path in this strategic Rail-Shooter, filled with enemies, allies and special weapons.
- Collect power-ups to call on CommanderVideo's friends for powerful shot upgrades
- A chiptune-inspired dubstep soundtrack helps bring the action to a whole new level
- Video game worlds collide with appearances from Super Meat Boy and Mr. Robotube
- Escalating mind-melting challenges
- Chipmusic artist Minusbaby helps set the tone with a special guest appearance
CommanderVideo's final adventure, BIT.TRIP FLUX contains a blend of the Rhythm-based gameplay from the original game in the series as well as select elements found in the other previous games in the series.
- New power-ups including the full screen paddle
- New beat types including 'Avoid Blobs'
- Mid-level checkpoints
- Classic BIT.TRIP BEAT gameplay now with all the modes including the new Meta Mode
- Bit Shifter returns as the Chiptune guest star
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Don't be fooled by game's retro look, game itself is very very beautiful, but you have to see it and play yourselves (not by watching videos or screenshots), I was sceptical myself, but when I tried it myself I completely changed my mind.. and you are getting 6 great games with great 3D effects ! That's a really valuable pack, buy it people, really..
If you've never played a bit trip game before? They're tough as nails, retro-styled rhythm games, each with a different twist, and an awesome soundtrack, plus a massive amount of satisfaction that comes with beating that tough stage.
If you are unsure, go ahead and try Bit Trip Runner, or Bit Trip Beat out on either WiiWare or Steam - those two are probably the most accessible of the games!
If you liked N+ or even if you just like simple but very creative games I don't think you'd be entirely wasting your money if you bought this.
Most recent customer reviews
Not only have I wasted however many pounds it cost but I've also wasted about an hour of my life - which I'll never get back...Read more