- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Pregnancy Book reviews
Birthing from within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation Paperback – 28 Oct 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Deeply thought out and derived from experience." "--Mothering Magazine"
Deeply thought out and derived from experience. Mothering Magazine
About the Author
Pam England, CNM, MA, has been a nurse/midwife for 20 years and is the founder of the Art of Birthing Center. Rob Horowitz, PhD, has been a clinical psychologist for 20 years. They live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I feel this book has something really worthwhile to offer anyone expecting a baby which they may not get elsewhere. It goes beyond information and skills to tapping into the spiritual and creative but in a very accessible inclusive way.
What lets the book down dreadfully is the section on feeding which states categorically that all babies need to learn how to take a bottle which is completely untrue. Even babies who must experience some maternal separation may not need to be fed with a bottle and for a variety of reasons, introducing a bottle carries risks. I struggle to understand why this opinionated ill informed section has been included.
I gave this book to a friend of mine who had a horrific first birth and was scared of her second. In the end she had a short and easy labour and birth at home and she said this book was an important part of that.
The information on pain-techniques and birthing techniques is something I haven't run across in the many books I've read on childbirth. There are worksheets and reminder cards and wonderful ideas for creating birth art (even if you don't think you're artistically inclined)!
This book is creative enough not to be lumped in with the generic mainstream birthing books which basically ignore the spiritual side of birthing. It manages to balance the practical advice with the information that makes you cry, ponder, and look forward to the powerful experience of childbirth. This is a GREAT read!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Holism
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Mind-Body Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Baby Development
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks