- Audio CD (22 Feb. 2010)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: CD
- Label: Ace Records
- ASIN: B00347ZXZS
- Other Editions: Audio CD | MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 88,584 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Other Sellers on Amazon
The Birth Of Surf Volume 2 CD
|Price:||£11.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£3.00 (20%)|
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
The Birth Of Surf, Volume 2
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
* The incredible success of Volume 1 of "The Birth Of Surf" prompted Ace to forget about the rigours of a British winter and commission a follow-up!
* So here Ace present 26 more of the same; a mix of hits and rarities, compiled and annotated by the boys from Pipeline. Six of the tracks are new to CD entirely.
* A must for all instrumental fans and all surf music collectors.
Top Customer Reviews
Volume 2 continues with the same high standards with The Ventures, Dick Dale & His Del Tones, The Original Surfaris etc.
Then there are the less known artists like The Astronauts, The Trashmen, The Pyramids and many others with that distinctive surf guitar sound played with energy and speed.
Only track 26 Theme From The Endless Summer by The Sandals is a slower track.
I suggest inquirers try the original album and if it clicks, add this on ASAP.
I would have given it four stars but it contains over 20 tracks which are the previous MP3, including the one title which has nothing to do with surf music, apart from being in a film featuring surfing (note this track Gidget is still shown as being performed by Darren James when it is James Darren).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Unless an alternate take is used there's really no reason why a repeat of stuff from the Teen Beat series is necessary/This is why it only gets 3 stars not because of any fall in... Read morePublished on 10 May 2012 by Richard
OOOPS - NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS VOLUME ONE - SOME OF THIS IS SURF PAST ITS SELL BY DATE -
THE ODD GEM BUT OVER ALL ITS HARD TO TELL IF THIS CD IS WAVING OR DROWNING . Read more