Size: 9 UK|Colour: White|Change
Price:£40.65 - £66.15

on 19 March 2015
I've had some good flip flops overs the years, and as much as I love wearing around the house and garden, when it comes to going out and walking about town, etc., with a lot of flip-flops, you end up with hammer-toe. However, the design of these means you can walk far more naturally, without having to scrunch up your toes to hold them on. Really comfortable sole. These are the anti-flip-flop, because they don't flip or flop, but look similar, don't give you hammer toe and are just so comfortable to wear.

However, I will say that nearly all my shoes and trainers say I'm a size 42, but in Birkenstocks' stuff, size 39. So, my advise is, either try them on elsewhere, or just order a size or two smaller than you expected (and that's still with leaving the gap at either end they recommend) And also probably replace bottom sole before you get t through to the cork.

Very happy with these. Very comfy, very sturdy so far (nearly a year of near everyday use), and reasonable wide fitting on the non-narrow width.
on 14 April 2013
After purchasing these sandals I checked them out on Birkenstock's own website and one thing that nobody seems to clear on is what exactly are the straps of these sandals made of?....Sorry to disappoint those folk who have purchased already but it seems they have not been within an inch of a cow and are not good ole hard wearing leather but some form of patented leatherette called Birko Flor?......I have written to Birkenstock as posted here!....."Hi! - I have just ordered two pairs of Birkenstock Sandals from Amazon that have not yet arrived ...Birkenstock Ramses Birko-Flor, Style-No. 44701, Unisex Thong Sandals, Dark-Brown & Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor, Style-No. 43751, Unisex Thong Sandals, Mocca Nubuk. On Amazon and in its descriptions and on many other sites it suggests that these sandals are made of leather or Nubuck leather but on looking at you own site it suggests different. Can you please confirm if there are any parts of these sandals that are made of real leather because it was under this pretext and based on the price and description that I purchased these items with regards" ...... I am still awaiting a response and clarification from Birkenstock which I will post once recieved
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2010
I have been very pleased with these sandals. They are very well made, comfortable and flattering to my broad feet.
on 5 March 2011
These are fantastic quality and I would recommend them. However, there appears to be a problem with sizing if it's the first time you have bought them. I'm a size 6 and unable to get a uk six, so ordered a EU size 40, which is supposed to be a 6 according to the size chart. It's not! 40 is probably 2 sizes too big for me, so I've sent the 40 back and have ordered a 39 and 38 to be on the safe side. So just beware of this. My father in law also bought some Arizona sandals, and he had the same problem. Ordered a 42 when really he needed a 41.

Otherwise, I would recommend.
on 23 June 2012
Those shopping online would know how often you get a wrong sized footwear, which is followed by painstaking returns process. I really struggled to choose the best size after reading several reviews suggesting to go for a size smaller. The Size N(narrow) and R(regular) made it even more confusing as I thought my feet are not broad. In the end I just got tired and ordered my regular size 43, R. I was mentally prepared to receive a pair of sandals which is too big. To my utter surprise it was a perfect Fit.

This is my first and only review, especially for those struggling to order the right size

Conclusion: 1. Great product, 2. Go for your regular size 3. The 'R' size or 'normal width' will fit most feet (it fit mine which i think are narrow)

More info here:[...]
on 15 March 2013
Birkenstocks are just simply the most comfortable footwear ever. This is the first time I have tried this particular style and I am delighted with them
on 25 July 2013
I bought these for my husband as he needed a posher pair of flipflops to wear on holidays. I wasn’t sure whether he would like them, but he loves them and wears them all the time. He did say that they needed breaking in for a few days but now they are extra comfortable. He loves the brown leather look and they go with everything. I bought a size smaller than his usual size on recommendations and I’m glad I did. The size smaller fits perfectly. He doesn’t have particularly long or narrow/wide feet so I guess people who find shoe shopping a nightmare may have to go into a store to check their sizing.
on 17 June 2014
I wear a UK size 5 and have quite narrow feet. I ordered size EU 38 (black Ramses Birko-Flor style) and they fit perfectly. The strap between the toes was a little uncomfortable at first, but after wearing them for a few days it's not bothering me that much anymore. I'm sure these are going to be very comfy in a few weeks after they have been worn in
on 22 May 2014
My daughter asked for these for her birthday. She had worn Birkenstocks before so knew what size to order. She's finding them very comfortable. She is very limited in the footwear she can choose because she broke her ankle a few years ago, and needs flat, stable soles to prevent twisting or impact. These are working out very well.
on 18 May 2015
Have returned, hoping for smaller size. Had to pay £8 for return postage, which I don't think I should have done, when sizing totally different from my ordinary size. Will 're submit review if I get another pair, that fit!