Size: 5 UK / 38 M EU|Colour: Black|Change

on 3 May 2011
I am so so happy, my order arrived today and I have these on my feet already. I am so smitten that I am looking for my next pair right now! I wasn't convinced about these until I found myself in front of a well known shopping channel watching the product review. Friends have recommended these too. If in doubt, don't hesitate. I am happy with the size I ordered too, the reviews say get a size smaller but to be honest these are not too big, my feet are slightly smaller than the foot bed but then the last thing I wanted was to be standing with my feet on the edge of the heel part especially when you can't make smaller sandals fit your feet. All in all a great buy, thanks!! Best value and great service too.
on 30 June 2016
These are lovely sandals, well made and probably very comfy if you have relatively narrow feet. I assumed they were normal width as the width
was not mentioned, but they were 'slim'. I tried on the same sandal in Jones and they fitted fine - the manager did not even know Birkenstocks
came in different widths and nor did I!! So I would suggest the seller marks the width quite clearly. I sent them back, which I had to pay for,
but the refund was actioned very promptly. Also, the size was sold as 5.5UK, 39EU, but normally 39EU is a 6 in the UK - a bit confusing!!
on 18 July 2014
I got my first new pair of Birkenstocks in probably about 10 years in 2012. I went for the Mayari Birko-Flor because I decided I'd give the synthetic material a shot - at least, I figured, I wouldn't have to be so precious about them in the rain. I only got two (English) summers out of them - granted, they're very comfortable, and for Birks, feel more stylish and less clunky - but keep in mind I've just retired a 15-year-old pair after re-soling twice, so my standards for the durability of my trusty Birkenstocks are very high. The toe loop on the left sandal just broke after two summers and some change - but I love these sandals so much I'm ordering another pair. However, I will be getting them in the obviously more durable leather. Why they don't sell them in leather here in the UK, I have no idea - I have to get them from the USA of all places! Talk about a carbon footprint!

I'd say these are comfy sandals, but don't expect them to last very long. A disappointing performance, Birkenstock.
on 27 March 2012
I (Mrs Paul) had no end of problems with legs/back/pelvis after spending 2 years in flipflops living in a hotter climate. Following a heavy pregnancy, my arches finally collapsed and I had plantar fasciitis and an unstable pelvis for many months.
My physio and some mummy friends recommended Birks. I reluctantly spent more than I normally would on summer sandals.....but now live in them and prefer having cold feet in winter than leaving them off! (You can get winter clog-style ones btw!) I prefer the Mayari style to the thong style as they stay firmly on and I can adjust the buckle over my high instep. They are worth every penny, last for ages and I will buy a pair every summer till I no longer have need of shoes cos my toes are pointing to heaven!
on 24 June 2011
I have other Birkenstock styles and a few other makes of sandals but this style is the most comfortable one I have ever worn. I was a little worried that the toe strap might be a bit stiff but it is soft and virtually unnoticeable when on. The strap further up the foot prevents your toe from pushing too far into the foot bed. I have had my first pair of Mayaris for less than a week but have put in an order for another pair already as I don't want to be without these on my feet during the summer. I can't recommend then enough. Please Birkenstock never discontinue this style.
on 17 April 2015
Thanks for the shoes! It's my 5th pairs of Birkenstock, and this design just fit with every clothes! Of course comfortable too!
review image
on 24 August 2012
Very comfy good colour Mocca goed with anything. Was worried about the strap between toes but I do not feel it at all. Very comfy foot bed and just right size. I ordered my ordinary shoe size. Very well packed and delivered within three days. I would like another pair in a different colour. I ware them all day long and they look as good with trousers as skirts. I work in a school so spend a lot of time on my feet and will be wairing them next term.
on 14 October 2014
These are great. I actually had to buy a size down from my usual size (I'm normally a 38 but I got a 37). They were amazing for my tropical holiday though. Very practical. I have arthritis in one of my toes and for the entire duration of my trip, I did not feel any pain whatsoever. Amazing!
on 26 March 2015
I have bought a size 40 previously and they have been an excellent fit. I only bought the 41 as they were the colour I wanted but the fit is fab too! the width is very comfy and the only difference I have is that I had a little more room near the toes. Very happy with them though
on 22 July 2013
I have wide feet so I wasn't sure I'd end up with a good fit. These fit lovely, and with the adjustable straps it makes a huge difference. I advice you look on their web site to see sizing info, they had tips to break them in which were very helpful.
There really stylish for comfy sandals and go with everything.
Hopefully they will last the test of time, as I don't want to take them off now!
These were my first pair of Birkenstock's and I will definitely be buying this brand again.