on 9 November 2014
I ordered these for a three week trip away to Hong Kong which i knew would require a lot of walking around and these Birkenstocks seemed to have great reviews and a good reputation for comfort. Although not my usual style I decided to purchase a pair off amazon after reading all the positive reviews and I got them just in time before going away. At first I thought that they needed to be worn into as the shoe was quite stiff but I figured it was perhaps the narrow fit of the shoe I wasn't used to as it was touching the tips of my toes as I walked. Bearing in mind I also tried on a pair of Birkenstocks once before in their store in London (not a narrow fit) but it seemed ok to walk in but looked a bit big on my feet. The felt around the buckles of the shoe were comfortable enough but after wearing them in for two weeks I couldn't figure out why the shoes were not moulding to my feet as I expected. When taking off my sandals to inspect them I could tap on the sole and it would be rock solid like walking on stiff cardboard. I have seen other Birkenstocks before and plenty of people who were wearing them in the city and they have all got soles that have been worn into but mine have gone completely stiff. I did question if I had bought pair of fake shoes at one point but if I had they are very convincing.
review image
on 21 June 2017
I love these shoes and they look fantastic. However, after only 1 month of wearing them they have broken and come apart whenever I wear them. I am so supremely disappointed as the returns window has closed so I cant even exchange for a new and hopefully non faulty pair. I wore my last birkenstocks for 3 years without any issues. Im not sure if the standard has gone down or I just got a faulty pair but either way I am really let down by these shoes.
review image
on 12 July 2017
These need more holes/longer straps on both ankle and foot adjustments, so enabling a bit more room in them when feet swell in the heat. They would then be so comfortable.
on 11 January 2017
The size ran really big and was nothing like the birkenstocks that I already have.
on 1 May 2017
I would be lost without my Birkenstock sandals. Sandals made in the UK, are never wide enough for my short foot. Very best quality.
on 27 November 2015
Really comfortable AND good for your feet too. Recommended to me by my Physio. They do come out rather big though so I had to swap for a smaller size
on 22 May 2017
Very supportive sandals, although they take some getting used to. Could probably have done with half a size smaller.
on 22 July 2017
Had a pair before which I loved. Slightly different fit around back of ankle but still good.
on 10 September 2014
I have foot problems meaning that I need arch support and must have a back too. The sandals are good though slightly large at half a size smaller than my normal size. I should maybe try a whole size smaller?
on 19 July 2017
Very comfortable well made highly quality sandal I hooe will last years.