Customer reviews

on 16 May 2015
I have had about 5 pairs of birkenstocks and never found them comfy. ( I know Im a minority ) But since they so 'trendy' again I decided to get some more but this time read reviews about how they are sized.
Eureka.
Turns out all my others were slim fit and these are regular.
You have to look at the little foot picture on the top of the sandal I realised. If you can see a picture of the sandal that is. Not every seller tells you the width.
Also just to confuse matters a wee bit more slim is regular and regular is wide....who knew !! :)
For me these are perfect ...
on 31 March 2015
I know some people live in their Birkenstocks but they just did not suit me. I found the moulded sole uncomfortable, even after a few minutes. It is stiff and I prefer a softer, more pliable shoe, also the moulding just felt too uncomfortable, coming in all the wrong places for my foot. The straps could be adjusted to fit any width of foot and were made of relatively soft leather. I found the distribution of the straps good for me as there was one high across the instep which held the foot. Afraid I sent mine back after a relatively short trial as I decided I would not get on with the stiff, moulded sole.
on 3 July 2015
Unfortunately I received the wrong item. I ordered a pair with leather uppers with black buckles and black soles in a stone colour. This is clearly what the picture showed i was buying when I ordered. I received a pair with bronze tone buckles, brown soles and synthetic uppers in a stone colour. This may well have been a simple mistake but since I am not in a position to be able to return this purchase I'm stuck with a pair of shoes that are disappointingly not what I wanted and not what I thought I was buying. Not impressed and won't be buying again.
on 15 May 2017
I'm really pleased with these- they came really quickly, look and feel amazing on my feet. I have havd birkenstocks before and they are super comfy. My only qualm with buying these particular shoes was that the product description doesn't make it clear that the upper is made out of Birko-Flor Nubuck which is a synthetic nubuck- it's not real leather and is essentially made out of plastic. The description definitely doesn't mention this and while i'm not particularly bothered because they still look great, if you had your heart set on leather then buy somewhere else!
on 11 October 2016
Only had them a few days, and had to return and reorder to get right size, but I LOVE them. They have a really lumpy sole that takes some getting used to it, so may not suit all, but after a couple of days I find myself standing still just loving the firm push up against the running-knackered soles of my feet. Mmmmm.
on 9 August 2013
Can't recommend this sandal enough, trouble is you don't want to wear any other shoes! I have problems with my neck which affected how I stand and walk, but I find these sandals really help. I had a different style of Birkenstock's before and loved them also, but I thought I'd give these one's a try, and actually found these to be even better. I know they're not actually for the "fashionistas" out there, but they should give them a try. Good value for money too if bought here.
on 20 February 2012
This pair of slippers feel great. Don't be put off if they feel too hard initially. I think it'll normally take a few weeks for the soles to soften and to mould to the shape of your feet. After breaking them in, they'll be the most comfortable pair of slippers that you'll ever have!

A word of warning though. When you order, remember to check out the sizes on the Birkenstocks website. My feet measure 260mm normal width. When I buy shoes, I normally wear US size 8.5 or 9, UK size 8 or 8.5 and Europe size 42 or 42.5. However, I needed a size 40 for the Birks. So remember folks, when buying stuff online, remember to check the EXACT specifications to save yourself from sizing trouble. Kudos for Birkenstocks to put up an exact foot size chart up. All footwear companies should do this instead of the typical numbering that they use which is not precise enough.
on 4 June 2017
I bought these to replace some well worn Birkos. I had leather uppers before, but the smell was attracting too many flies. So far, this synthetic material looks the biz
on 29 January 2016
I love these Sandals - they are my second pair, I wore my first pair out! I live in these during the summer months and would definitely recommend them. Look a bit strange at first, if you've not seen them before, with the extra support on the soles but sooooooo comfy!!
on 3 April 2016
I wear these most days, comfortable, and the construction you'd expect from Birkenstock. My only issue is that when I adjusted the buckles, the straps were left with rust marks which I haven't been able to remove. Makes them look a bit tatty. :-/