on 9 October 2004
We bought this because our son has had bad allergies every morning. Since putting one of these in his room the change has been very noticable. It is very quiet and just hum's along in the background. Unobtrusive, and a couple of settings on it, though i would imagine once you have it going their probably is no need to change the settings. Has worked so well we have just ordered one for the lounge.
on 9 February 2005
If you wake up with a stuffy head in the morning, this definately helps. My husband used to wake up with a head full of catarrh in the morning and never felt very refreshed after a full nights sleep. But almost immediately he started to feel the effects (with the Ioniser on). He no longer has to get up and blow his nose a few times, but he also feels like the quality of his sleep has improved too. The humming sound may bother some, but we actually like it, the white noise is quite conducive to sleep.
on 16 February 2006
This does the job adequately and we have noticed quite a difference in the amount of airborne dust in the bedroom; also the ioniser does make a difference to the air quality making the room much fresher. However, my other half cannot sleep with it on as it is just too noisy, a bit like a small vacuum cleaner. The cost of filters are a bit high.
on 6 January 2007
Well, it does actually clean the air! The only problem was the problem that I had already realized many customers were complaining about before I bought this item. I could see numerous complaints on-line about the level of noise the unit made keeping people awake. I thought about it, and I though, I usually go to sleep with a fan or PC on so, I'll be fine. After having it for about three months now, I can say I've honestly reached the stage where I'm no longer in denial about what's keeping me awake at night, and I'm forced to turn it off when I go to sleep. Maybe it's not the level of noise as much as minor inconsistencies in the noise that is made, that is not quite white noise. I think it's that which makes it so hard to go to sleep when the unit is on. That's quite a big problem really, as it's meant to be left on at night to clean the air! It would be better in another room other than a bedroom, as it's nice and quiet until after that moment when you turn off everything in the house and try to go to sleep!
on 16 February 2014
the item its working very well and its top machine,cleans and removes odours like its said on the box .
on 9 October 2014
really nice machine and cheap as well
on 8 March 2006
We bought this as our youngest child was suffering from asthma, we thought by cleaning the air it may improve her sleeping.
The box was quiet enough to sleep through, but you can hear the drone of it, and if like me that kind of background noise is annoying, it will, well, annoy.
Her sleeping did improve, but whether we could attribute it to this I'm not sure, we haven't used it for months and she hasn't got worse so you can draw your own conclusions.
When I changed the filter it was filthy so at least I feel it did something!