- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by Superfooduk when you purchase 5 or more. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g
|Price:||£14.45 (£18.06 / kg) & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£0.44 (3%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Organic virgin coconut oil
- Free from cholesterol
Unlock 15% savings on this product when you subscribe to repeat deliveries on 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. No signup fees. Skip or cancel any time, and delivery is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Ingredients:Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Directions:Can be applied externally or ingested
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil: At Biona organic, we believe in great tasting,thoughtfully prepared food to complement an ethical lifestyle. Our farmers don't use chemical pesticides or herbicides on crops, and they don't grow genetically modified plants.We also make sure they only use sustainable farming methods and do not work their land intensively. And because we believe in 100% traceability for all our products,we know all our ingredients are of the highest quality,completely natural and suitable for vegetarians.
100% Organic raw virgin coconut oil.See all Product description
From the manufacturer
Biona Raw Virgin Coconut Oil is cold-pressed from the flesh of organic coconuts and has not been refined, bleached, deodourised or hydrogenated in any way, retaining all of its natural goodness.
Coconut oil is lightly fragrant but not overpowering, making it a lovely addition to your cakes, bakes, stir-fries and sauces as well as being a healthier alternative to margarine or butter on your morning toast.
And the benefits aren’t limited to the kitchen. Our Coconut Oil can also be used externally to moisturise skin, remove makeup, as a hair mask and even for oil pulling.
Ingredients: 100% organic raw virgin coconut oil.
Great Taste Award Winner
We are very proud to say that our Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil has won a Great Taste award in 2014, 2015 and 2017.
This means you can rest assured that our product has got the seal of approval from the Guild of Fine Food and you can trust the quality and taste.
From the Manufacturer
Our story: Where it all began
In 1980, after 12 years running one of London’s first wholefood stores and a very successful vegetarian restaurant on Fulham Road, Donata and Noel decided to bring their popular food products to a wider audience. The Biona branded products were granolas baked in the restaurant kitchen and hand packed for sale.
Biona is still a family owned company, committed to providing high quality organic food for everyone to share and enjoy. All our products are organic, GMO free, suitable for vegetarians (many are vegan), with no artificial additives. Whilst we have outgrown the restaurant kitchen, we still produce lots of our products in our own facility using, where possible, wind and solar energy.
We have close and long term relationships with our local farmers giving them the security of knowing they will be able to sell their crops as soon as they are harvested.
When you purchase a Biona product you are part of the family mission:
- Supporting organic farming
- Cleaning up the environment
- Investing our profits back into the Organic future
- Increasing the use of renewable energy (wind and solar) in our production
- Treating our staff and business partners with fairness
Coconut Oil and Its Countless Uses
Cooking, roasting and baking
Our coconut oil can replace butter, margarine and other oils in many recipes, sweet or savoury. Its fragrant flavour works particularly well in exotic dishes, such as curries and stir-fries, and brings a delicious richness to baked goods such as cakes, biscuits and pies.
For your family
Our coconut oil is great for the whole family. Whether you are using it in your daily cooking, as a moisturiser, a baby massage oil or even as a natural mouthwash. The whole family can benefit from coconut oil and its wonderful variety of uses.
Skin and Beauty
Coconut oil also works well as a natural and soothing makeup remover, lip balm, moisturiser and hair serum (including on beards and moustaches), free from chemicals, colours and additives. Skin is one of our largest organ--why put something on your skin that you wouldn’t put in your body?
For your furry friends
Coconut oil is great for pets too. Add it to their food or comb it through their hair for a silky smooth, healthy and clean coat.
Biona Organic-the roots of good food
Your trusted source for ethically produced organic foods. With over 300 products to carry you from breakfast all the way through to supper--Biona sustains your busy day by providing you with quality organic food that is good for you and good for the planet too.
Warming Beetroot Soup
- 1 tbsp Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 500g beetroot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 can Biona Organic Coconut Milk
1. In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and sauté the onion
2. Add the garlic and ginger
Add the beetroot and vegetable stock, and bring to the boil
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the beetroot is tender
4. Just before serving, blend the soup with the coconut milk until smooth
Super Green Smoothie Bowl
- 2 bananas sliced (frozen)
- 100g Spinach
- 1 Avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1tbsp Biona Organic Almond Butter
- 2tsp Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- 250ml Almond Milk
- 1tbsp Biona Organic Maple Agave Syrup
- Fresh Kiwi, Apple, Lime, banana and blueberries
- Biona Organic Pure Oaty Granola
- Desiccated Coconut, Mint leaves
1. Add all ingredients for the smoothie into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy - divide into bowls
2. Slice the fresh fruit and place on top of the smoothie bowl
3. Scatter desiccated coconut and granola on top and garnish with mint
Cacao Coconut Energy Balls
- Approx. 140g (1 cup) almonds
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Approx. 175g (1 cup) medjool dates, pitted
- 50g (½ cup) desiccated coconut, plus more for rolling
- 1 tbsp. Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
1. Blend the almonds and chia seeds in a food processor until they are the texture of breadcrumbs
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until you have a soft, slightly sticky dough
3. Use your hands to roll the mixture into balls and roll each ball in more coconut
4. Put in the fridge to harden and store in the fridge
Makes: 12 - 16
- 30g Biona Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 60ml Biona Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix the eggs, coconut oil and honey together
2. Add in the coconut milk and vanilla extract
3. Put in the coconut flour, baking soda and salt
4. Add batter to a pan and cook pancakes
5. Serve immediately
6. Garnish with blueberries and coconut flakes
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I believe it is worth buying in the larger jars such as this 800g, as a little goes a long way, and it also becomes better value for money cost wise.
This has lasted me months, and I still have a 1/3 left.
At cool temperatures this coconut oil is a solid state, but as it sits in your hand or naturally heats as room temperatures change, it turns to liquid.
I primarily use this for removing makeup before using a deep cleanser/face wash to remove any oil and remaining traces of make up from the skin - I have noticed a huge improvement to how soft my skin is, and I do attribute this to the use of the coconut oil as a natural cleanser.
A spoonful added to a hot bath, along with some Epsom salts and lavender oil, makes a wonderful relaxing detox bath. Skin feels incredibly moisturised after! Although be sure to give the bath a good clean after, as the oil does leave a greasy coating.
This is also suitable for oil pulling; using a spoonful at a time, and swirling it around for 10-20 minutes. It isn't the most pleasant of activities, but it is excellent at drawing out toxins and cleansing the mouth.
The uses really are endless, which is why purchasing this 800g jar is such good value. I highly recommend!
It is a clear oil that turns white when solid. It smells of a mild coconut smell.
You can use it as a good bath oil and it is great as a moisturiser, but it is very oily so if you don't like oily skin then just cook with it! It is great as a hair treatment and really softens hair, wash hair well after leaving on for about 30 min. It makes an excellent baby oil.
It comes in a plastic screw top container and the inside is sealed with foil when it arrives.
So I went ahead and bought two tubs
Once delivered - I was shocked at how big the tubs are - I definitely got a bargain considering how much coconut oil is inside
The smell is great and doesn't feel cheap - the solid oil just melts into a liquid easily when heat is applied
Used it regularly for cooking and beauty purposes and it doesn't disappoint
I reckon both tubs will last me an extremely long time
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
It is amazing for nails, hair, skin, and a multitude of other things on the...Read more
Blows the cheap Coconut oils away by a mile!Read more