- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Biomechanics and Physical Training of the Horse Hardcover – 15 Jan 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"…a herculean effort at illustrating the movement of the horse with photographs and color-accented line drawings of active muscle groups … The artwork, photographs, and color used in the book are brilliant and serve readers and author well."
―Jonathan Hale Foreman, DVM, MS, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine for Doody's Review Service
From the Back Cover
The ideas presented in this book cast new light on the best ways oftraining and exercising the horse in preparation for competition, and to aidrehabilitation following injury, by focusing on biomechanics and preciseanatomical analysis.
Dealing mainly with the movements and exercises most frequently used inequine sports, the book answers the needs of trainers and riders seeking toimprove their horses performance and physical fitness by maximising thepotential of the horses entire musculoskeletal apparatus.
Following a brief description of the biomechanics of the musclesunderlying equine movement in general, chapters discuss in turn themuscles of the forelimb, the hindlimb and the trunk. These fundamentalshave direct bearing on the later chapters: a biomechanical analysis ofspecific exercises designed to optimise the performance of the sport horse.
"Biomechanics and Physical Training of the Horse" is illustrated throughoutby top-quality photographs, diagrams and the authors own beautiful anatomical drawings.
The book will be of lasting value to all professionals dealing with horses: trainers and riders, veterinarians, researchers, physical therapists, educators on equine courses.
- Describes and explains the fundamentals of equine anatomy and biomechanics.
- Applies basic concepts to optimise the performance of competition horses andaid rehabilitation following injury.
- Top-quality colour photos, diagrams and anatomical drawings.
- Author is a worldwide authority on equine anatomy, biomechanics, imaging, and diagnosis of lameness. He is a rider and a trotting driver.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com