on 12 September 2015
Fantastic book, full of an extremely useful range of information, however does lack some areas I'd have expected to be included. Was sitting on the work bench at my friend's new unilever job, need I say more? This book provides an excellent range of information written in understandable english with a great detail of information and easy to understand diagrams, useful for students and professionals alike.
on 1 May 2018
It's great, nothing wrong with it. HOWEVER. Seriously don't waste your money! You will only end up looking at it once or twice! Don't​ buy any university textbooks! Just go to the library if you need one.
on 16 January 2016
Excellent book. I am using it as a teacher as background reading for Advanced Higher Biology.
on 25 June 2016
Excellent book great price too.
on 26 March 2015
Absolutely essential for anyone studying biochemistry! Simple as that. Fantastic textbook with lots of images and tables which I find incredibly useful!
on 12 October 2015
Best biochemistry book on the market
on 16 May 2015
Perfect, arrived on time. Definitely recommended for anyone studying a biochemistry module at degree level.
on 21 September 2014
This served me well throughout the first 1/2 years of my degree as a good 'refresher' text. I found it to be a fine introductory biochemistry textbook, but for anything deeper and more substantial you're gong to have to go for something like 'Molecular Biology of the Cell'.
on 19 April 2013
I cannot speak highly enough about this book, I bought the earlier edition and fell in love with it. The illustrations are detailed and the book covers tons of topics in great detail and has answered many of the niggling questions I have often wondered about. A++
2 people found this helpful
on 7 April 2013
A good reference book about a rapidly developing science. I particularly like the colourful and modern attractive presentation. Sadly these latest editions are expensive, but this is of course understandable.