Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Size: 120|Change

on 5 September 2013
Been using a number of months to help with cancer, working well living longer than the doctors thought I would
77 Comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2016
I have had IBS for about 15 years. Over 2 years ago, following many antibiotics I ended up with C-diff and this resulted in me having Ulcerative colitis!!!! It was an absolute nightmare, hardly able to leave the house.
Once I recovered I started taking slippery elm and this I think helped prevent further attacks (I have had no flare up in over 2 years). This lead me to believe maybe the natural approach was possible and my consultant was fine with me doing this as long as I had no symptoms.
Anyway, I still continued to get IBS even though less often. On holiday last year I had a stomach bug and was sick of always being the one to pick something up. My sister gave me her magazine to read as I was stuck in my hotel room for the day. In there was an advertisement for bio kult.
I thought I'll try that when I got home but as I have taken many different drugs didn't get my hopes up. From day one of taking it, all bloating disappeared! I literally have a flat stomach all day every day.... except if I overeat.... there's no miracle drug for that!! I pretty much never get IBS symptoms now unless I am very very stressed or have eaten too much (so self inflicted!).
As many will know an overactive bladder can come with IBS and this has also driven me crazy for years! Well since being on Bio kult this has gone too! My sister cannot believe, we do a long car journey and everyone is running for a wee when we arrive except for me! We used to have to stop twice on a two hour car journey which to be honest gets embarrassing!
Since I was not expecting anything from this product, I do feel that people getting results are NOT experiencing a placebo effect! I assume anything I try WON'T work, so this was a bit of a surprise. I realise it may not work on everyone but it has worked for me.
If I ever have to take antibiotics again I will take the maximum dose (I take 1 or 2 a day normally). My consultant has approved me taking it too.
I would go as far as to say it has changed my life.
11 Comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2016
Always reliable buying from Amazon. I'm on my 3rd box of 60 and after having a long break from probiotics I am again getting the 'die-off' headache starting a new box, indicating that the friendly bacteria in the capsules are alive and effective. This is a detoxification from unwanted microbes that have been killed by these friendly bacteria.

I read on a blog that you need probiotics if you have a fridge.

I keep box in fridge otherwise they do die quicker, as with all probiotics. Can keep in cupboard but the already low number will get lower.

Other tips:
1) Pull apart capsule and mix the powder in juice. Can't detect it at all.

2) Pour coconut milk (from a can) into a Pyrex jug or similar. Mix in Bio-Kult powder. Cover with fabric and leave in a cupboard for two days. Then put in fridge and use up within a few days. You now have a healthy, thick, live yoghurt and the probiotics have greatly increased in numbers! Can mix with raw honey or maple syrup for flavour and sweetness.

3) Your GI tract starts with your mouth. Smother your teeth and gums with your home-made yoghurt to help increase friendly bacteria here too. Cavities are caused by the 'bad' bacteria. I've tried this and Hyperbiotics Pro-Dental and both seems to help teeth.

If you have any 'tummy issues' read about coffee enemas. I had a stomach bug for weeks causing copious gas. Just one coffee enema stopped the symptoms for several days.
on 2 April 2016
Really good for keeping the gut healthy, you'll drop stool like a horse the first few times you take it but after that you'll have iron guts. Be warned, when you take this your craps will smell like the deepest darkest pits of hell.
55 Comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 October 2015
I am italian and I suffer for endometriosis, and I have to take prebiotics every day as the inflammation destroys my intestines bacteria. This is the best prebiotic I have ever tried, it improved my health.
on 18 June 2016
I found that I had to persevere for a couple of weeks with these, in fact I nearly gave up after the first few days as they were causing a fair amount of embarrassing flatulence which I put down to the good bugs fighting it out with the bad! I'm glad that I didn't give up though, I'm now feeling much improved.
on 10 November 2016
I was diagnosed with NSAID colitis and was given the name of this product by my consultant gastroenterologist so that says a lot. I felt I have received benefit from the product. Much better than the yogurt drinks that do not have the same ingredients.
on 30 January 2017
Excellent. Starts working after a few days of regular use to help ease stomach problems especially bloating. Best to take it within ten minutes of any meal. Its been the most effective over time compared to several other brands. It would be great if the manufacturer could produce a yearly supplement box for repeat customers. Review from family member.
on 8 September 2013
I read a story about this in a magazine about how it eased the bloating associated with IBS so I thought I'd give it a try. Well, I only take one a day with my main meal and I have not suffered any bloating or discomfort since. Amazing.
on 19 February 2017
This is a repeat order. We keep buying this probiotic since we get on well with it. My husband's research suggests it has a high number of strains compared to other probiotics on the market, and it's been serving us well.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Top Rated