Customer reviews

Price:£19.64+ £8.95 shipping

on 28 December 2010
Billion BiPac USB 2.0 Wireless N Adapter

I already have the Billion 7800 wireless modem router which is fantastic. I was having trouble with my Sony Vaio laptop not being in range at the other end of my timber framed house so I thought a Billion N USB adapter would cure the problem. I have spent a great deal of time on it with different signals eg. N only, N+G etc., different encryption, reinstalling the software and updating all the firmware but the signal remained very poor. I have Vista on both computers. I was about to give up when I tried to set the Billion up as a relay station instead of an internet receiver. It then acted as an access point and relayed the signal to the laptop's internal wireless receiver. Hey presto, wonderful signal, superfast internet. So the thing definitely works but if you are using it on an external computer that doesn't already have an internal wireless receiver, then forget it and buy something else until Billion have solved a software/firmware problem. I have given it 3 stars because my problem has been solved in a round about way, but I would only have given 1 star if I had not discovered its use as an access point.

Another small thing is that on the Amazon website it quotes 300mb/s for this adapter (3011W). This should be 150Mb/s and 300Mb/s is for the 3011N.
on 17 October 2010
This device needed the associated CD to be installed on my XP system. Install was very simple (click ok, click ok) and it connected to my wifi with ease. I left it running for two weeks and copied a vast amount of data over it without a single error.

8th November 2011 - Still working and outperforming 2 built in intel Motherboard wifi units on signal strength and connection speed.

January 2014, Still giving 150Mbit connection speed, excellent product.
March 2014, used it on a windows 7 PC and it worked great.
on 16 September 2011
I bought this to replace a Realtek USB Adaptor which was only giving me a speedtest result of 7 MB/s, with this I get 15.5 MB/s, the same as connecting hardwired to ethernet port, and I have a much stronger and more stable signal, all without changing my router. Contrary to the other comment on this item it does support 300MB/s download speed and 150MB/s upload speed. Adaptor 3011w only supports 150MB/s download. I would'nt hesitate to recommend this to anyone, and if you're having wireless signal problems try one of these before buying a new router.
on 28 November 2010
Billion BiPac USB 2.0 Wireless N Adapter

I've been using this adapter for about a month and I am totally delighted with its fast performance. I use it on our upstairs PC and I find it's as fast as our downstairs PC that is connected to the Router via an ethernet cable.

Installing the drivers on my dual boot system, in Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04, was relatively easy. I followed the instructions and the Windows driver installed easily from the mini disk supplied with the product.

However, installing the driver in Linux was a little bit more complicated. Thankfully I found some information on the Net that helped.

Here's how I installed the driver on Ubuntu 10.04: Open "Synaptic Package Manager" and search for a "linux-headers-generic" to make sure it's installed and up to date. Next, search for the "build-essential" package to ensure that it is also installed and up to date.

With those two packages ready to go your next step is to copy the .tar.gz file to your "Home" directory and extract it by right clicking on the file and selecting "Extract Here" from the menu. Then open a terminal, type the letters cd and drag the uncompressed folder into the terminal. Delete the quote marks and any extra blank spaces.

Next, type the word "make" (without quotes) and when that command has been completed type the word "make install" (again without quotes).

Your driver installation should now complete successfully.

For Linux users following the above steps takes less than five minutes - and from my experience to date having this product is well worth the effort.
on 24 September 2012
Unlike some more expensive kit I also got by Billion, this was plug and play and simple to set up, started working in minutes, and had an understandable quickstart guide! Also turned out to be all I need. Admittedly with my good BT wireless broadband, it picks up the signal from the Hub at a range of 6 metres or so, (there's not much in the way - might help) et voila, Battlefield 3 no problem! Wirelesses my hitherto wired PC. Recommended. Other Billion gear (router, homeplug) returned undeciphered/incompatible/unnecessary.
on 9 December 2010
Bought one of these with my Billion Bipac 7300N router because I had had compatibility problems with a previous N adaptor and a router from a different supplier. The installation worked fine and my XP system recognises the device and the router's network. It doesn't, however, manage to connect. The documentation is obscure so, after a bit of tinkering, I found that if I created a profile entry for the Wireless network, I could tweak the parameters. Now for the good bit: It still doesn't connect, even though I have entered the correct WPA key. There are a number of options as to the flavour of WPA I'm using. My main PC connected automatically and the properties show WPA-Personal, which is not an option on the drop down. The Billion website is unhelpful and there is no user knowledge base. They don't reply to queries unless you quote the SERIAL NUMBER!! of the devices so I'm off into the loft to inspect the router. So much for plug and play.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2013
After having problems with an internal WiFi card on my PC I purchased the Billion BiPac USB 2.0 Wireless N Adapter to connect with the 7800N router already in use.
Connection between the two is excellent and easy to configure.
Billion support, should you need it, is second to none.
on 7 February 2011
Having just purchased the Billion Dual Wan 7800N wireless adsl 2 router i decided to purchase the wireless 3011N USB Adaptor only to fined out that it doesnt run at 300mbs but 150mbs, when purchasing this their was lack of technical details but thought as it was the top of the range wireless usb it would run at the speed indicated.

I will be contacting My Memory.co.uk to discuss further, but Amazon shouldn't have this on their site if technical and up to date infomation isnt forthcoming. will be looking for replacement or product that runs at 300mbs
on 7 October 2013
I am able to connect reliably using this wifi adapter with my router between two floors but reception is not strong between three, despite it being n protocol. It gives fast connection speed, so generally happy.
on 28 April 2013
Good product ,easy to install although the mini cd might be problem for some cd drives.
Doesn't lose internet connection after extended period of working unlike other adapters I have used.