- Also check our best rated Camera Bag reviews
Billingham Hadley Pro Fibrenyte Camera Bag With Black Leather Trim - Black
|Price:||£189.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£11.00 (6%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Material: FibreNyte / leather;AVEA pouch compatible: yes
- Removable dividers: yes
- Capacity: 1 SLR, 2 Lenses, Flash and accessories
- External Dimensions: W350 x D120 x H250mm
- W13,3/4 x D4,3/4 x H9,3/4ins
- Internal Dimensions: W320 x D70 x H225mm
- W12,1/2 x D2,3/4 x H8,3/4ins
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The Hadley Pro.
An adaptable camera bag or work bag - your choice
All Hadleys feature the Quick Release System to which we have added solid brass buckles.
Why both? Simple - the QRS allows you to open and close the bag quickly and securely and the buckles allow you to fine tune the 'fit' of the front pockets.
Other features are a padded inner lid over the main compartment to help keep out rain or snow and a sculpted main flap which protect the bags' contents from adverse weather conditions.
All Hadleys (except the Digital which has a single central fastener) have a secondary stud fitted to both front pockets' top outer corner which can be used to increase or reduce their capacity - when closed it forms a perfect place to clip pens, pencils etc.
Aside from the Digital, every Hadley features a removable padded insert with adjustable partitions and an integral flap, held in position with Velcro touch fastener strips. If you want to stack your kit, you can use more dividers.
The whole insert can be detached by a single press stud, to transform the Hadley into an understated, stylish travel bag.
Top customer reviews
1) Had to look good and not like a camera bag i.e. the toploaders from Lowepro or the boxier type of bags i.e. Peak Design Everyday Messenger. Whilst the Khaki / Tan version may look better on its own, it's rather eye-catching - I wanted something unassuming and this bag is both that and sleek.
2) Had to be waterproof - not to the point that it can be submersible but it has to be able to withstand heavy rain without needing to have an extra raincoat cover on it like a lot of the bags on the market... I mean, what's the point? Whether you choose FibreNyte or canvas it doesn't really matter (there are some subtle differences like the weight and how they age) because both will have their "impermeable butyl rubber" bonded to the fabric to make it waterproof.
3) MOST IMPORTANTLY, it has to fit my gear. It's hard to buy a bag without physically being there and testing it and sometimes just looking at the inner dimensions are not enough since some have more flexibility than others. So this is where a lot of video reviews come in. The main requirement here is to fit my camera WITH LENS ATTACHED + HOOD IN SHOOTING POSITION. Most reviews only show storing a camera with the hood reversed... again what's the point? And reviews showing storing a camera body + 70-200mm lens can be helpful but this usually a lot longer than what I need (25cm?). Others mention removing the insert and storing either horizontally or vertically (then you have little to no padding?!). So after going through a lot of them, I decided to also message Billingham on FaceBook and they were very helpful.
- Canon 5DSR + peak design bottom mount + EF 24-70 F/4L + Hood: measures around 152mm x 125mm(with bottom mount) x 200mm(with lens and hood in shooting position)
- Canon Speedlite 600 EX-RT
- Cables / batteries / lenses / other accessories
- The website says "Internal DimensionsW340mm (13⅜") x D80mm (3⅛") x H270mm (10⅝")" so clearly there isn't enough depth but the employee reassured me that it would be fine as you will just use some of the width to extend the depth.
And indeed it does! The monster of the flash can be taken out of its pouch and stored on the smaller side area I've created with their removable inserts to make room for a 70-200 or two stacked smaller lenses (separator padding provided). It can also be put in one of the front pouches with a snug fit. The back zip compartment is useful for more storage and there is even space to fit my 13.3" MacBook Air inside between the back of the bag and camera padding... albeit just! I don't think it will be able to fit a full frame DSLR with a battery grip - for that you may want to have a look at a different bag in their lineup.
I highly recommend this bag and am looking forward to using it in the future to come. You really do pay for what you get, which is still relatively cheap considering the value of the gear inside.
I have been looking for a small comfortable bag, good looking bag that would take all this equipment. Because I like to store my camera in horizontal position I found that lots of camera bags were not suitable.
The Billingham is perfect, the camera fits perfectly in the horizontal position and with the lens attached take up maybe able half of the space. The bag comes with two full lens dividers and two smaller ones. I have the two larger dividers to create a space for my speedlight and it leaves me with another space for an additional lens when I get one or to store a few more items.
The internal padding is removable so you can take out the camera insert and use as a normal messenger bag which is brilliant as I now use it for work. All the padding is of very high quality as you would expect from Billingham.
I did purchase a fibernyte and a canvas bag at the same time as I did not know the difference between the two materials. The canvas did feel a lot smoother while the fibernyte did have a sort of shine to it. From articles that I read people had said that the canvas bag fades very quickly into a sort of brownish colour whereas the fibernyte holds its colour a lot better. As I didn't want a brown bag the fibernyte one was for me.
The strap is nice and flexible unlike most of the crumpler ones I have seen lately and if you plan to carry a lot of gear the padded shoulder strap is very good as well.
The bag does cost a good bit more than other bags out there but when you are spending a lot on your camera gear you should really be protecting it in a good bag.
Overall it is a very good looking, quality product so have no problems recommending it.
I can currently fit the following:
Canon 7d mk2 with 18-135kit lens mounted
2 note pads (A5)
Most recent customer reviews
The removable insert will transform this camera bag into a messenger bag
A macbook air 13" fits...Read more
Look for similar items by category