Customer reviews

Billingham Hadley Pro Camera Bag (Khaki Canvas / Tan Leather)

on 27 July 2016
This is my fourth Billingham bag.

What I like about them is that whilst they carry my camera and lens, they do not shout out that this is a camera bag. I have run all my bags into the ground and each have lasted ten years. I do like the wear on the canvas and these are made strong.

The internal compartment, which like the leather shoulder strap and two front straps can be renewed, bit like trigger's broom, and as such I have done that. Only now am I replacing the bag as its looking tired.

I carry two rangefinders and a spare lens, film and still have room for a tablet in the rear internal pocket, a note book in the external rear zipped pocket and whatever I like in the two front canvas pockets. Its small enough to carry with that gear without getting weighed down
on 23 July 2017
Love it! Stylish, quality build, very nice materials. The bag is waterproof, and well padded so it keeps my gear safe. It's pretty versatile too, I also like to use it as a daily carry around bag without the padding. The Hadley Pro is indeed a little pricey and I think it's a bit of a letdown that the SP40 shoulderpad is not included in the price, but still it is a quality product worth buying.
on 10 February 2017
Quality, quality, quality......dont be put of by price
on 27 April 2017
Another great bag best price on the internet
on 27 March 2017
Very satisfied, exquisite workmanship
on 16 December 2009
I've been looking for a bag to use as an everyday 'man bag' and as a personal item to accompany my carry on bag when flying. I have tried many. many bags and discarded them. Now I have the ultimate bag.

As it's from Billingham the quality is superb and the bag looks stunning. But that on it's own does not make a good functional bag. You can get it in Sage, Tan, or black - the tan version looking the part for those global travellers.

A waterproof pocket on the back of the bag (the side that will be nearest your body), is ideal for important documents - passport, tickets, etc. Inside you get a foam insert (remember this is supposed to be a camera bag) that will take an average SLR and a zoom lens. Take the insert out if you want and you have much more space for all the things/gadgets you need everyday, or on a flight - phone, ipod, maps, cables, book, camera, batteries.....

Overall, if you want a quality, stylish camera/manbag, this is hard to beat.
33 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2014
...but I absolutely love it. I've used it for c. 6 months now and I haven't considered getting another bag since it arrived.

I usually use it with an E-M1 + Oly 75mm + Leica 25mm. It can carry two more m4/3 lenses and a compact in each of the front pouches; it's deceptively large. The strap on the top is extremely handy when travelling. It offers absolute protection from rain and collisions and looks fantastic.

Billingham sell this bag in three colours (Khaki, Sage and Black), and two materials (Canvas and FibreNyte). All look excellent, but my buying decision went as follows:

Colours

(a) Black – discrete but looks too much like a laptop bag.

(b) Olive – Kind of liked, but just felt a bit too stuffy.

(c) Khaki – The original Billingham colours. Tick.

Material

I went for Canvas material over FibreNyte, as the FibreNyte is a little shiny and retains the as new look, whereas I’d like the Khaki bag to ‘wear-in’ and look a little more retro over time. Had I gone for Black, I’d have chosen FibreNyte, as I’d have wanted it to stay jet black.
on 10 April 2015
first class service, top quality product
the hadley pro bag, is perfect for my Olympus OMD EM1 and lenses with hoods
I have fitted in the bag at the time of writing
olympus 40-150 f2.8 pro with large lens hood attached
75mm f1.8
12-40 f2.8 pro with large hood
45 f1.8
60 macro f2.8
there is room for bits and bobs like 6 batteries, SD cards,cleaning cloths etc
so, its just the job if you have a M43 kit with large telephoto
not sure if when I get the 1.4 convertor the bag will be deep enough - when attached to the 40-150 but it can fit in above the 45
this is a first class quality product, expensive yes, but I have found in life save up and only to buy the best, it saves money ,frustration and time in the end
on 30 September 2017
I have had this bag for around 5-6 years. Its green (sage) with chocolate trim. In use, its fairly discreet and I appreciate the grab handle for boarding trains/planes/taxis etc. Its just the right size, but I'm not the sort of chap who has to cram everything in! My gear is (fairly) minimalist: a Leicaflex SL + a Schneider P A Curtagon 35mm f4 shift lens for architectual shots combined with being the ideal lens for street. I carry a couple of handheld meters as the Leicaflex meter is kaput! A Sekonic L-428 incident and a Gossen Multisix. A Filofax for notes, a few filters and several rolls of Ilford XP2, the only film I use. I got my bag, like all my gear, secondhand and it was barely used. In busy cities, I push it behind me for discretion. It must be obvious that my Leicaflex is not a digital camera as nobody takes any notice of me - at home or abroad.
on 4 January 2017
The absolute ultimate in quality. I owned a Hadley for more than 20 years. It went everywhere with me, when I wasn't carrying a full load of gear in my Billingham 445. Stupidly I sold it a few years back thinking that I didn't need it anymore. What a mistake!
Eventually, I realised that I really missed it when on holiday and around town. The only thing that my original bag was lacking was a handle. Hey Presto, this bag has a very neat handle for when you need it. It also has a zip compartment at the back for documents. Useful if you're carrying your passport on you.
I'm using a Nikon CSC these days, but I've also got a couple of prime lenses. (70-300mm and 85mm Macro) The 70-300 fits perfectly with the FT-1 adapter attached. I use the half size dividers to store the CSC lenses under the camera and macro lens. I have the camera fitted with the 6.7-13mm lens attached.
The little flash, SD card pouch and spare battery fit in one of the front pockets. The other pocket is free to hold my wallet, mobile and glasses case.
This is just right for me. not too heavy and the strap fits over my head and across my body, so no one is going to snatch it off me.
In my previous Hadley, I could carry a D200 with battery pack and wide angle zoom attached. My old 80-200 F2.8 stood upright with metal hood attached, It was a bit bulky like that, but not unmanageable by any means. I put the SB200 in the front pocket.
The thing is it doesn't really look like a camera bag when you're out and about. Your gear is pretty easy to get at, but it can be secured so the 'light fingered' would struggle to get in without you noticing.
The famous Billingham quality remains as good as ever. I can't fault any of the materials or stitching on this bag. I can't wait to get out and start using it.
Of course, its not cheap. But I guarantee that it will last for at least 20 years. For me its like being reunited with an old friend!