- From mountain bikes to cycle computers, find 1000s of products in our bikes store.
Bikes and Bloomers - Victorian Women Inventors and their Extraordinary Cycle Wear (Goldsmiths Press) Hardcover – 17 April 2018
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- Hardcover : 336 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1906897751
- ISBN-13 : 978-1906897758
- Product Dimensions : 17.78 x 2.54 x 24.13 cm
- Publisher : Goldsmiths Press (17 April 2018)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: 100,101 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
At its heart, this is a story of imagination and the freedoms we take for granted: what we wear, where we go and how we get there. It is about the strictures of gender, and the social and historical cost of resisting them. Brimming with hope, it shows us how we might refashion our realities with ignition and grit.--Vonny Leclerc, Spectator
The story is as extraordinary as the garments themselves.--Jacqueline Banerjee, Times Literary Supplement
This brilliant book is a wonderful insight into the inventiveness and strength of women at the vanguard of societal changes and these stories - many of which Kat has uncovered for the first time in a century - are truly inspiring.--Laura Laker, Casquette