Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Edition - Sgt. Pepper Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD) forum

Big mistake by WB games?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Nov 2013, 01:57:31 GMT
A. Gallagher says:
Could this be the biggest mistake that WB games will ever make?

I know as PC gamers, we are all treated as second class citizens when it comes to title releases. This on its own is a huge mistake. We buy, use and play on PCs because we're passionate about gaming, and getting the best experience from any game we choose to play. This is a bigger issue than what I wish to discuss here and I digress slightly.

The mistake I refer to is the delayed release date. I haven't found anything on why WB games decided to postpone their release of the retail edition of Arkham Origins on PC, and only in Europe. However, they are in serious risk of losing a vast amount of profit, as their new date for the release conflicts with the biggest PC/online franchise of recent years: Call of Duty.

Now why, when we are treated this way, would WB games expect any sort of high sales with this game? It seems to me that their foolhardiness will cost them valuable clientele, who may forfeit the purchase of this game in favour for COD to save their hard earned cash, or at least for a little while.

On the other hand, will this mean that the next game in this truly awesome franchise will be overlooked on PC entirely if PC sales plummet? If profits from a format are lacking, then production will cease by the developer. Don't believe me, look at GTA. No sign of this game being released on PC by Rockstar, unless you chose to have faith in the gossip columns found through your Google searches.

The future doesn't look great for PC gamers and I for one find that appalling. After all, we chose this form of media for a reason: we are serious about gaming.

Posted on 5 Nov 2013, 08:34:38 GMT
It was only delayed on the retail version. You could still buy digital copy on the release date. I got it on Steam for £29.99 (pre-ordered price).

I agree & it is annoying that PC gamers are left out. Though gaming for PC is still strong. With the Steam box which will be Linux based coming soon I think PC gaming has a big future. The average person would struggle to maintain a high end PC. The Playstation & Xbox are idiot proof & cheaper so always going to appeal to the masses.

Posted on 9 Nov 2013, 11:35:55 GMT
A. Gallagher says:
I cannot believe that everyone is having the same issues with the retail version: cannot active the cd key. Steam and WB games are completely ignoring the issues and the only ones who suffer are the consumer. I would also feel sorry for retailers like amazon, if my game had turned up. I ordered this game at the beginning of October and it is still not here! However, that makes zero difference as I guess that I wouldn't be able to play it any way. It's the last time I will preorder anything off amazon.

You do have a fair point. However, why should the consumer feel pressured into buying from steam. Let's not forget that the game is over 20GB. On a standard UK connection that would take days, if not weeks to download. Plus the day that this was released digitally the price rocketed to £39.99 on steam. In addition, the steam help and support are f*****g useless. I haven't heard of a single case where someone bought this as a retail copy and it worked. Everyone who has contacted steam and/or WB games is getting the same response: "You have bought an illegal copy and it's not our fault" (I paraphrase slightly, but that is the general reply).

Posted on 9 Nov 2013, 17:03:36 GMT
Leaview says:
Extremely dissapointed, what i sAmazons stance on these non functioning discs?

Posted on 9 Nov 2013, 18:32:43 GMT
I suffered the same as everybody below, I hope this helps you guys ... How to Activate Non-UK (Russian) Steam CD Keys :)
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/blog/2011/09/russian-steam-keys/09/how-to-activate-russian-steam-cd-keys/

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2013, 18:33:39 GMT
I suffered the same as everybody below, I hope this helps you guys ... How to Activate Non-UK (Russian) Steam CD Keys :)
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/blog/2011/09/russian-steam-keys/09/how-to-activate-russian-steam-cd-keys/

Posted on 10 Nov 2013, 00:56:26 GMT
Henry Tsang says:
So as everyone knows the release date of the retail copy of Arkham Origins was pushed back to 8th Nov. My copy still hasn't arrived. Anyone else still not received theirs? Or is it just me?

Posted on 10 Nov 2013, 02:35:32 GMT
A. Gallagher says:
For the patient ones out there. The game is finally fixed (see steam thread).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  5 Nov 2013
Latest post:  10 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD)
Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD) by Warner Bros. Interactive (Windows 7)
3.1 out of 5 stars (79)