- Get three DVD or Blu-ray for £20 from our ‘3 For £20’ promotion on Amazon.co.uk Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Big School - Series 1 [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The hilarious new comedy from David Walliams about a dysfunctional staff room, unrequited love and chess club! Deputy Head of Science, Mr Church (David Walliams) has been at Greybridge School for 15 years. Disillusioned with teaching, he is about to resign after a particularly dramatic experiment with liquid nitrogen and 1000 ping pong balls is met with apathy by his pupils. However, the arrival of the new French teacher changes everything! Taking up her post following the tragic death of her predecessor, Miss Postern (Catherine Tate) is determined to make a difference in the classroom with new teaching methods – anyone for Vocab Tennis? PE teacher and would-be lothario Mr Gunn (Philip Glenister) is also interested in the new French teacher and is determined to “plough” Miss Postern – probably on Friday night when his mum is at seniors’ Zumba.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The story is mainly about a chemistry teacher Mr church (David Walliams), and Mr Gunn (Philip Glenister) who compete with each other for Miss Postern (Catherine Tate)to go out with them which creates some really funny moments.
There is also some other great actors in this series as well...the "down trodden" constantly depressed Mr Barber (Steve Spiers) who plays a geography teacher, and Mr Martin (Daniel Rigby) the music teacher who dreams of becoming a rock star.
Every episode opens with Mr church demonstrating an "amazing" experiment to his bored pupils who are totally un-impressed by them, and this really sets the scene for each episode.
The extras on the dvd are really good and some of them should have been kept in especially when Miss Postern explains to the class that when she puts a beret on her head it makes her French and when she takes it of she is English again.....there are also some good commentaries to listen to as well from David Walliams and the Dawson brothers for episode 1 and 6 and also for the deleted scenes.
I cannot recommend this dvd enough...as it is hilarious !!!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews