on 4 February 2013
The road colours used are easy to see and follow and it has good references for symbols generally and mileages.

I would recommend it for caravanners.
on 9 September 2013
OK so most people have got a sat nav and may wonder why we still need good old paper maps? Well, I still prefer to have a look at where we are due to go to, and keep the atlas in the door pocket of the car for quick reference. Think the belts and braces bit stems from a not too nice experience in France when the sat nav took us to a car park and told us our destination was complete- when it most definitely wasn't ! At that point my husband told me he hadn't brought a map! We did manage to find our way out of the car park and to the place we had wanted to get to- but it taught me a lesson- always have a map just in case!This has to be a favourite as it's not badly priced, is detailed enough and clear to read.
on 18 July 2013
I purchased this atlas because it had great detail and I was driving down through France to Spain for the first time. It arrived a couple of days before I was due to leave. Whilst on route the pages started to fall out, then I realised that they were not collated in the correct order as page 12 was attached to map of central Paris, this had been missed in collating process. I had to use the map as I was in France so could not return and it would have been difficult to reach our destination without a map. Now pages are just falling out of the middle. I realise this could be a one off but am very disappointed.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 June 2013
I ordered Road Atlas France on the 3 Apr 13 for my holiday to Spain through France on the 17 Apr 13.
When we got south of Orleans on page 34 & Chateauroux on page 44 we needed 52/53 for the Limoges area, but the pages from
51 to 54 were missing so we had to use the smaller page atlas that I ordered from you last year. We returned home last Thursday
after a great holiday, I cannot explain the missing pages I only found out on the 19 Apr 13 when we tried to go from 44 to 52 & it
wasn't there. Our atlas's of France & Spain that we got last year from you were perfect.
on 10 October 2013
When this book arrived even though it was new the cover was damaged. I was going on holidays a few days later and hadn't time to return it.

Within one hour of using the book on our trip the middle pages had fallen out. By the end of our first day 10 double pages had fallen out. We used our Sat Nav for directions and this book was only being used occasionally to track our progress and look at the big picture. I am disappointed at the quality of this book as I have bought other AA books in the past and only needed to replace them when they became outdated.
on 3 April 2013
I purchased this map because:
(a) the previous one was old and
(b) lots of pages had fallen out.

We took great care with this new map, as I know the pages are only stapled in, but despite this level of care, a page fell out while simply turning pages on the very first use of the map!
The paper they use is either not robust enough, or they need to use more staples in the construction process.
Simply not good enough.
on 15 August 2013
Bought this map despite the mixed reviews - because it's cheap! It's not unusable, but the map has arrived and pages 73 to 92 are ripped across the page in exactly the same place. No time to send it back and get a replacement before going away so just going to have to live with it!

The map content is fine, but be prepared for a sub standard product due to extreme cheapness!
on 23 September 2013
A good map but not quite up to date (the new road to Hesdin wasn't on here). However, all French roads are named/numbered so if you have this map you can't get lost. I drove to France with my teenage sons who did all the map reading. We drove through stunning country roads, knowing where we were at all times due to this map. Good map but the 5* really has to go to the French roads!!
If you are going to use this atlas a lot I would suggest buying a spiral bound format.
We have only used the map book for planning a journey at home and the centre pages have come loose from the staples. Will now have to sellotape it together before taking it to France.
on 29 August 2013
The size and clarity is good, but as we bought this atlas for use in the car whilst criss-crossing France, it needs to have a stronger binding as within the second day of use, pages became detached which was not what we expected and hence our star rating.