Have one to sell?
The Big Match - Best from the Studio [DVD]
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
Packed with big hair, big 'tashes', but not so big shorts, The best of the big match is a nostalgic trip down memory lane, revisiting an era in which families accross the land would huddle around the TV every weekend to watch live football beamed into their living rooms. Pick a spot infront of the telly for an afternoon of entertainment delivered with the charm, wit and style oozed by Brian Moore and Jimmy Hill as they are joined by Jim Rosenthal and Brian Clough. Enjoy a nostalgic trip down memory lane, revisiting the best studio action and reliving the top goals from the era. Hear a beard sporting Jimmy Hill and his forthright views on the laws of the games, as well as the pick of the funniest moments from the ITV studio with guest appearances from Eric Morecambe and Mohammed Alli and more.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
on 1 September 2011
Format: DVDVerified Purchase
Bought for my husband's birthday this DVD brings back tons of memories for games and commentators, of managers and players in the 'good old days' when the England manager had a multitude of players to pick, when the 'Home Internationals' was a regular fixture in the footballing calendar, and when the late great Brian Moore brought such gravity and more importantly and un biased commentary to the games (Clive Tyldesley et al take note) Funny and exciting by turns this is a great buy.
on 29 December 2009
Format: DVDVerified Purchase
An excellent companion to the recent Big Match DVD's. Of particular interest was the Golden goal,Readers letters, Brian Moore and Jimmy Hill's suit and tie combinations and a great studio bust up with Malcolm Allison and Alan Mullery! This was football at its best before the premier league took hold of football. A trip down memory lane of playing football with your mates on Sunday morning, running home for the BIG Match and a roast dinner in the afternoon.... Buy it
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
There is absolutely no comments from Brian clough in this dvd. A rip off.
The 2 people as of today who gave this a 1 out of 5 score seriously need to do their homework on what certain DVD's are labelled as this is titled best from the studio, its...Read more
The box (and Amazon) suggest this contains a fair bit of Brian Clough, I've watched 75% normally and the other 25% on fast forward (I began thinking that life is just too short!Read more
The person who gave this one star is obviously entitled to his opinion. Perhaps he didn't realise what he was buying.Read more
I expected highlights of Big Matches from the show. Instead, it was just studio talk for the whole DVD with some goal of the season clips and where are they now feature.Read more
Pages with related products. See and discover other items: card holder luxury