- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Big Data Demystified: How to use big data, data science and AI to make better business decisions and gain competitive advantage Paperback – 12 Feb 2018
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
“This is the book we’ve been missing: big data explained without the complexity.” Marc Salomon, Professor in Decision Sciences and Dean at University of Amsterdam Business School
"I have never come across a book that is so full of practical advice, actionable examples and helpful explanations"
Tobias Wann CEO at @Leisure Group
Big Data is a big topic, based on simple principles. Guided by leading expert in the field, David Stephenson, you will be amazed at how you can transform your company, and significantly improve KPIs across a broad range of business units and applications.
Find out how an ecommerce company avoided two million product returns per year, how a newspaper saw triple-digit annual growth in digital subscriptions, how researchers in England learned to better detect pending cardiovascular problems, and how AI programs taught themselves to win games using techniques that even their human programmers didn’t understand, all thanks to big data. Find out also how one company realized it could swap a million dollar hardware system with a twenty thousand dollar replacement.
With simple and straightforward chapters that allow you to map examples onto your own business, Big Data Demystified will help you:
· Know which data is most useful to collect now and why it’s important to start collecting that data as soon as possible.
· Understand big data and data science and how they can help you reach your business goals and gain competitive advantage.
· Use big data to understand where you are now and how you can improve in the future.
· Understand factors in choosing a big data system, including whether to go with cloud-based solutions.
· Construct your big data team in a way that supports an effective strategy and helps make your business more data-driven.
BIG DATA MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE
About the Author
David Stephenson is an internationally recognized expert and frequent keynote speaker in the fields of Data Science and Big Data Analytics. He has formed and led global analytics programs within US and European companies (including eBay and Axel Springer) and has consultant on additional data projects for a broad range of companies.
He has also worked extensively in insurance, capital markets, and financial risk management and has served as an expert advisor to top-tier investment, private equity and management consulting firms.
David completed his Ph.D. at Cornell University and was subsequently Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, teaching applied analytics to graduate students in the engineering and Wharton business schools. He is currently based in Amsterdam.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's not just about big data technology demystified, but also for many other aspects like AI, building data strategy&team and data governance(GDPR) etc.
I really enjoyed a lot of interesting case studies, examples and stories.
There are hundreds of awesome facts/graphs which are very easy to follow-up.
There are so many great ideas in the book, you might find one of your million dollar idea.
At the ending of each chapter, there are takeaways and several great questions asked by Author which can help readers to put it into practice and think it deeper.
Personally, I like chapter 2, 4 and 8 mostly as it talks about AI and 20 use cases on the big data.
I will keep this book and check periodically to find ideas and suggestions.