- From mountain bikes to cycle computers, find 1000s of products in our bikes store.
"Bicycling" Magazine's Mountain Biking Skills Paperback – 21 Jul 2000
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Mountain Biking Skills
Tactics, Tips, and Techniques to Master Any Terrain
Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned off-road rider, this guide will help you hone your skills and make the most of every ride. You'll learn from experts who've been through it all, like former world champion Ned Overend and Olympic medalist Susan DeMattei. From uphill skills to downhill thrills, you're sure to find everything you need to know to ride like a pro.
Discover how to:
* Fit a great ride into a busy schedule with the "hour of power."
* Cruise through the toughest corners with the tripod turn.
* Tap into the flow--and glide over challenging terrain.
* Acclimate quickly and easily to every hazard on trails.
* Boost your climbing speed and comfort with switch-side breathing.
* Revive a midseason training slump.
* Crash without getting hurt.
ABOUT THE EDITOR
Ed Pavelka has been riding bicycles for fun, fitness, and competition since the mid-1970's. His professional writing career includes 20 cycling books. He was Bicycling magazines executive editor for 10 years and served as the magazine's director of new ventures.
About the Author
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com