Bicycling Cuba: 50 Days of Detailed Rides from Havana to El Oriente: 50 Days of Detailed Ride Routes from Havana to Pinar Del Rio and the Oriente Paperback – 1 Nov 2002
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
In this delightful and very practical guide, they outline, kilometer by kilometer for all the Canadians and Europeans whose governments actually let them vacation in Cuba legally the best places to eat, sleep, sightsee, and even avoid."
About the Author
Wally Smith, a former newspaper and radio reporter, has been a bicycle tour leader for Bike Vermont for more than 12 years. Barbara Smith has cycled in the Maritime Provinces, Quebec, New England, and the Skyline Drive in Virginia and the Carolinas. She occasionally joins her husband Wally in leading Bike Vermont tours. The Smiths live in South Strafford, Vermont.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
We warmly recommend Bicycling Cuba for independent cyclists planning a trip to Cuba.
If you plan to cycle tour in Cuba I would recommend this book
This book might be approaching 14 years old and some may find it a little dated, importantly, most of what I've read is accurate enough to allow you to have an adventure of your own and make some new discoveries without having everything on the plate.
The book is clearly laid out and easy to follow.
For anyone thinking of cycling around Cuba, this really is the book to read and refer to.
Here a few reasons why:
- the packing list essentials is now different because lots of things were not available in Cuba 10yrs ago.
- the directions includes landmarks
- shops for water , food etc have now moved , closed, re-opened somewhere else
- most roads have not been maintained and are horrible to ride and other ones are now nice.
Need an updated version soon!!
Cuba is a very beautiful country to explore on bicycle, for now there is very little traffic outside of the cities, much of it is flat, the people are so warm & helpful and you can always find someone who will help you fix your bike (though you may need your own parts as it's hard for them to get new supplies). I can't wait to go back to see more. In two weeks I saw the western part of Cuba so there's still the whole eastern side for me to explore!
Shame the book received was a printed copy and not an original - claimed to be a first edition but was clearly not.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Enjoying reading this book. At the moment we are in the planning stages of our trip, and the book is very helpful in tips and ideas as well as routes. Read morePublished on 31 Dec. 2014 by Lowri
Incredibly helpful book, despite it's age. Route descriptions are fantastic and have stood the test of time and the inside knowledge invaluable. Read morePublished on 23 Nov. 2014 by tammy crocker
It was easy to follow since I had no idea of distance between towns it gives distance in Km. however many of the distances between the Smith's choice of towns is a little too long... Read morePublished on 21 Nov. 2013 by Julia O Connor
This book is a life saver. It is not the most interesting read but it is the most essential read. Has excellent information on cities, towns, roads and byways. Read morePublished on 26 Aug. 2013 by joe stockdale
this is just the sort of information cyclists needs, only a cyclist can write a book like this, the information is practical and clearPublished on 23 Dec. 2011 by Chris
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Cycling > Cycling Holiday & Touring Guides
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Caribbean > Cuba
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Central & South America
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Speciality Travel > Adventure