Customer reviews

on 1 October 2017
on 28 September 2011
I first loved this book at junior school forty years ago. I still had my much loved and much read copy until fairly recently when it must have mistakenly been sent to the charity shop. I quickly sought a replacement. These are stories told with flair and humour that are so re-readable I wouldn't want to be without a copy.
on 17 July 2013
It's a shame that people who are dissatisfied with the physical state of the books they have bought have pulled down the rating for this book.

The bible stories are re-told in a very accessible and funny way. They can either be read to yourself or read out loud and they suit all ages. I've just been re-reading the story of Elijah being part of bringing a drought to an end while King Ahab is sitting eating a picnic and gets to the toothpick stage.
on 12 February 2016
I always enjoyed many years ago listening on the radio to David Kossoff's personal readings of the bible, so I was very pleased to still be able to buy the books. He has a very interesting, simple and natural way of interpreting the bible which makes it a lot easier to follow. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read the bible but finds it hard to follow.
on 13 February 2014
I heard David Kossoff relate some of these stories and have bought the book for my grandson. Stories told with humour and deep understanding.
on 19 October 2015
so pleased with this, which I got as a gift. Good condition
on 24 February 2017
Wonderful Bible stories told by David Kossoff, I have enjoyed these stories very much, told in a way only David Kossoff could tell them.
on 6 October 2014
Very good storyteller
on 11 September 2015
A real have to read great background reading for Unitarian students of theology
on 11 August 2016
David Kossoff is wonderful story teller