- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
The Bible [Blu-ray]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The greatest stories of the Old Testament are brought to the screen with astounding scope and power in this international film, which depicts the first 22 chapters of Genesis. This is the spectacular story of man's creation, his fall, his survival and his indomitable faith in the future. Matching the epic scale of the production are performances by George C. Scott as Abraham, Ava Gardner as Sarah and Peter O'Toole as the haunting presence of the Angel of God. The legendary John Huston directs and delivers a commanding performance as Noah. From the film's opening amidst cosmic chaos to its lingering message of hope and salvation, The Bible stands as a monumental motion picture achievement.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For those new to the movie, this is essentially a condensed representation of the Book of Genesis - in fact up to and including the point at which Abraham is tested with the sacrifice of Isaac. It's imaginative and engrossing, beautifully shot, and rather than taking liberties with the Bible, it is pretty faithful - its only downside is that portions of text and events have had to be cut due to the running time (and budget, no doubt). But it certainly should make many want to go and read the text afterwards, such is its inspirational effect. An all-star cast turn in suitably reverential and committed performances, and certainly George C. Scott as Abraham is powerfully charged up.
It's a superb upgrade picture-wise - in 2.20:1 ratio, colours and details are glorious, and all of those landscpes during the story of Abraham are up there with shots from 'Lawrence of Arabia'. So definitely worth the investment if you're a fan and have the DVD.
This is the full uncut version, with the all-important 'Intermission' fully intact. Extras are sadly only present with the trailer, but you can't have it all!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews