Bialetti: Mukka Express 2Cup Gran Gala Cappuccino Maker
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Exclusive and patented technology
- Worlds first stove top style Cappuccino maker
- Quick and easy to use, produces perfect coffee every time
- Two delicious styles of coffee, Cappuccino and latte
- Unique ergonomic design
- Manufactured in Italy by Bialetti, the worlds leading stove top coffee maker
Customers Also Shopped For
The Mukka Express, by Bialetti, is the first stove top cappuccino maker of it`s kind. The Lucida is a stylish all silver design that will look good in any kitchen. The new Mukka Express is the first, fully patented 'Stove-Top Cappuccino' maker. It combines the traditional stove-top style of coffee maker with a large size pot for holding the milk. Place the water in the bottom section, coffee in the middle and fill the top section to the maker with milk. Then place on the stove-top and as the water boils to make the coffee, the resulting steam is passed through the milk to froth it. Ideal for 2 mugs of cappuccino or café latte.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I'm no novice to stove-top espresso machines, nevertheless it took me 20 (twenty!) attempts to get it right, so be warned!
That may be because I used cheap coarse-ground coffee for the first 3 'to be discarded' pots; perhaps the coarse stuff blocked something inadvertently? Whatever the problem, it was taking 12 minutes to 'froth production' instead of the 4 minutes quoted in the instruction booklet.
Just before giving up & returning it to Amazon as a dud, I cleaned it very carefully (YET AGAIN), tried it (YET AGAIN), and four minutes later ..... heaven: it worked perfectly, giving one large mug of delicious cappuccino.
While enjoying it I thanked providence that my other half doesn't drink coffee, though if she did, we'd need a machine each!
I used the expensive but excellent Illy Espresso Caffe Macinato (ground roasted coffee) but for my regular twice daily fixes will investigate other brands also.
ADDENDA: I've tried several different manufacturer's ground coffee, some taste better than others (subjectively) BUT VERY FINELY GROUND COFFEE SEEMS SOMEHOW TO BLOCK THE MACHINE & STOP IT WORKING. So I don't use the FINEST grind. This is where my first 20 attempts foundered - I was using very finely ground Illy; less finely ground (everyone's) works every time.
* Don't over fill the coffee
* Make sure there are no coffee granules on the lip when you screw the two half's together - otherwise coffee will leak out
* Put a little veg oil on the screw thread and rubber seal - makes it easier to screw together and ensures a good seal
* Don't over tighten... can distort the rubber seal, and then leak - just nip it tight
* Heat the milk before you put it into the coffee maker, but don't let it boil - that way the coffee will be nice and hot when done.
* Once the pressure valve has popped up, open the lid so that the foam rises.
* Pour immediately
* To unscrew - let it cool down. Not wishing to state the obvious - but when metal gets hot it expands, thus making it hard to unscrew - a bit of patience, let it cool down, and unscrew!
Really very easy!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
About the only dual latte/cappuccino maker for the stove. Careful with the weight when you fit it - it can break its bayonet fitment.Published 15 months ago by Christopher C
I ordered the Mukka Express - Silver Edition but received the one with the black base. I have recequested the send me the one advertised but this I am told is not available. Read morePublished on 16 Jun. 2013 by Susanne
Design looks great, but it's a pain getting the aerator on as it doesn't line up the way it says it should in the instructions and the end product varies greatly from day to day,... Read morePublished on 17 Nov. 2011 by n brighton
Great idea, but just not up to the job. Worked perfectly for first 5 uses, then valve stopped doing it's job properly and now all it does is create lukewarm milky coffee. Read morePublished on 26 July 2011 by TNK
I bought my Mukka Express from Avides through Amazon in January. I did enjoy the lattes until May, when the top blew off and showered coffee all over the kitchen!! Read morePublished on 12 Aug. 2010 by Annabel
This is a wonderful product - seemingly beautifully designed, clever, innovative, and the coffee it produces is as good as the best I've had in Italy. Read morePublished on 25 Oct. 2008 by SiennaSea
I was nearly put off buying the Express from reading some of the earlier reviews, however I used them to get tips on the dos and don'ts for getting the Express to work. Read morePublished on 12 May 2008 by Gill