Beyond Quality in Early Childhood Education and Care: Languages of Evaluation Paperback – 21 Dec 2006
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'[This is a] wonderfully rich text. We feel the book to be an expression of our identity too…This a ‘good book’. Good because it is the product of dialogue and because it offers itself not only for consent, but also for dissent and negotiation by its non-dogmatic tone. Readers will feel welcomed, listened to and respected in their opinions, even when those opinions are in opposition to the authors.' - Carlina Rinaldi, executive Consultant for Reggio Children (taken from her preface to the 2nd edition)
"This book would be a good reesource for practitioner s as well as academic researchers. Overall, it provides interesting insight as to the philosophical perspectives of early education...The book accomplishes its goal of establishing itself outside the realms of dominant thought in developmental psychology." --NHSA Dialog, 10(3-4), 164-165; 2007
About the Author
Stockholm School of Education, Sweden Thomas Coram Research Unit, Institute of Education, UK University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book explores early childhood philosophies, constructivist thinking, and cites early childhood "experiments" such as Reggio Emilia and the Stockholm Project. It challenges and inspires on a global level.
I read this book first as a graduate school text, then again as a refresher for my own views on early childhood education. It will be read again and again!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > School Systems > Preschool & Nursery
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology