Beyond the Numbers: How Leading Companies Measure and Drive Success Hardcover – 23 Dec 1996
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Inside Flap
Beyond the Numbers How Leading Companies Measure and Drive Success William L. Simon In today’s leading companies, new financial tools and measurements are being used to boost performance and measure all–important shareholder value. More aggressive and more accurate, capable of showing what’s really happening in the organization, these new measures are providing a foundation for the kind of reliable decision–making necessary in today’s highly competitive global marketplace. If you want to make sure your financial judgments are fully informed, you have to bring your analyses off the sidelines and put them into the game. You have to make sure your reports reflect not obscure your company’s true fiscal health. You have to make Finance a full–fledged partner in planning your company’s future. You have to "go beyond the numbers," and this must–have book for executives, managers, analysts, and other stakeholders, shows you how. In Beyond the Numbers, the co–author of the bestselling Profit From Experience gives you the opportunity to profit from the experiences of CEOs and CFOs at market leading companies in a variety of industries including manufacturing, services, and high–tech. These are the people who are turning financial analysis into a powerful strategic advantage, and author William Simon presents their innovative approaches in the most direct way possible: in their own words. Here, in a series of in–depth, straight–shooting, informationpacked interviews, 25 proven business leaders:
- Reveal the innovative financial strategies that are helping to propel their companies forward
- Describe reporting, measuring, and training systems that can make those strategies a reality
- Provide solid examples and valuable insights to help you implement and monitor the strategies you need
From the Back Cover
Beyond the Numbers How Leading Companies Measure and Drive Success William L. Simon "This book stands at the intersection of management and money, the place where modern business fundamentals and current financial principles come together. Business managers have traditionally used accounting–based financials that looked backward, at the wake showing where the organization had been; today, they are learning to use financials that look forward toward the horizon." from the Preface Businesses can’t afford to have a financial system which only measures its past. In order to build a successful company, you need a financial system that also shows you how to plan your company’s future. This must–have book for executives, managers, analysts, and other stakeholders, will show you how to refine your current financials or thoroughly overhaul them. In Beyond the Numbers, you have the opportunity to profit from the experiences of CEOs and CFOs at market leading companies in a variety of industries. You will learn how to build a truly effective corporate financial system one that:
- Ensures accurate financial reporting that emphasizes necessary details
- Educates key business managers about the refined financial measures needed to reach strategic goals
- Enables financial and operating managers to communicate key data analyses effectively
- Empowers key personnel throughout the company with a clear understanding of the links between financial measurements and overall business strategies
- Emphasizes the right themes when reporting financial health to investment analysts and the business press.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > Financial
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > Financial Reporting & Statements
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship